Adrift

Adrift: so as to float without being either moored or steered.

A/N: 

This is one of the longer "moments" that I have written and there is a possibility of a part 2.

Listen to "I bet on losing dogs," or anything that you seem fit for feeling adrift.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk through the dark hallways of the Military Corps, the invisible girl, the one that you couldn't make out in the large crowds of people, the one that you had to look at twice or even three times before even recognizing her as a human, a living being. 

Except for him.

He saw me, even when he was in the Survey Corps and I was in the Military Corps, he saw me, he treated me humanly, he recognized me in the throngs of people.

I stopped in front of a door, called because the captain of the military corps, if you even wanted to call him a captain, wanted to have a discussion about some meaningless drab topics, the ones that only concerned the rich and the well off, as the man I dearly cherished fought for his life day in and day out.

This man was couldn't even compare to him.

I knocked the door, "Sir you called?" as he let me enter, squinting and peering at me probably trying to process something in that dim mind of his.

"Yes, I have some news," he drawled, shaking out of his thought process.

"There are some Military traitors, giving information to the survey corps," he nodded, satisfied with his statement, using the only brain power that he could muster.

I nodded, feigning ignorance, shock even, why would any betray the good for nothing military that leeched off the hard work of the survey corps?

"Since you are one of the best soldiers we have,I need you to find the traitors to be put on trial, or better yet executed without the public getting involved." He stated already loosing the little bit of comprehension and already looking over out of the window, wondering what he was getting for dinner, even as the scouts barley had rations to eat.

"Yes sir!" I answered and he pointed to the door directing me to leave, as I grinded my teeth fighting the urge to punch the lights out of his miserable face.

I left the room and went outside to the corridor and calmed myself down, of course they were going to find out, that was no surprise.

I headed to my room to a bunk bed with a girl I didn't bother to learn the name of, she wasn't here most of the time anyway, sneaking out at night to meet up with other people doing who knows what.

I waited, until dinnertime, and finally our meeting tonight. I stood up and walked over to my drawer where I rummaged around until I felt a tin container, full of tea leaves, that after my hard work, I bought for him

Of course I wanted to be with him in the scouts, fighting by his side, sharing the pain of humanity on our shoulders. 

But alas he forbade it, he said he still needed someone to give information to the scouts, but he could get it from anyone else who would be willing or scared of his status as Humanity's Strongest.

 I stuck to the idea, like bees to honey, to the prospect of actually being important, whether it was being the girl who was the traitor, or the idea that I may be someone to him.

Some bells announced dinnertime for the military corps, I arrived to the canteen, finding somewhere isolated to sit, taking food that we as the ones that got to live so peacefully took for granted. It wasn't as fabulous as those who lived in the interior ate, but they were so much better than the scraps they called rations, that were fed to the survey corps.