Remembrance

A/N:

A short one today,

as always the music is above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the night I would hear the comforting sounds of the clatter of tea cups and the rustling of paper amid the sounds of the quiet nature of life outside. I would snuggle into my blanket filled with warmth, and the lovely scent of fresh soap and Levi.

I would sigh and breath in, the all more console environment, to feel peaceful, to rest and calm.

I would have never dream to be in such a place that gave me solace, serenity and feelings of something far away, and the hope of eternity.

Throughout this calm, I would hear his smooth voice mumble over whatever he was writing, the scratching of the pen against the paper.

"Experiments... mission....expedition."

From the corner of my eye I could see him huddled in the corner of his study, with a small dim light, contemplating, his brow scrunched, creasing a line in between his eyes.

I remembered how I would tease him about getting wrinkles, and he would now absentmindedly smooth over his features over the nonexistent one that was forming.

Through the window, in my view, lay the blue night, the shadows of trees, and the seams of starlight, all in my view from the tiny window.

I imagined beyond that window, to a small creek, filled with clear running water, with little pebbles and beautiful stones that I would collect in a basket,

I imagined that when the moonlight bounced off the clear water, that it would shine brighter than the moon itself, and when the sun shined it looked like liquid gold.

I imagined a flower bed next to the water, the tulips hanging dangerously low to the water, as if kissing it.

I imagined sitting there laughing, laying in the sun, loving in the rain, cuddled in the night.

I imagined a place where time would stop, and I wouldn't have to wonder, I wished for time that we could breathe, I wished for a world that wouldn't bring madness.

I wished to live in a clear snow globe with Levi forever, to sleep in the warmth of the blankets, and silently watch as he worked.

Though I knew that it would be impossible, I still wanted to dream, to dream of somewhere better, where there were flowers and cool running streams and a tiny cottage in a forest.

I loved him with a burning passion, cherished him with all that I had, and gave my being to him, as he did his.

I shifted in my blankets, and he perked up, and asked,

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

"No, no just couldn't sleep."

He set down his pen, and walked over, his face was as if it was modeled out of marble, smooth, full of beauty, and entrancing.

He sat down on the blanket, and I moved closer to him, and he pat my back comfortingly, an rubbed over my shoulder aches.

" I need to tell you something, "he said quietly.

"Anything, Levi." I answered as I basked in his warmth.

"I need you to wake up" he quietly said.

"What?"

"This isn't healthy, I'm gone, you need to face reality again."

"But-" I stammered, grabbing him,
"You're right here!"

"No." He murmured, hugging me, and I felt him sigh, as he held me tightly.

"It's time for you to let go."

"What are you talking about? No! NO!"

"Goodbye,"

"No, no, no, no-"

"I love you."

I woke up in a cold sweat, my bed was cold, and the light was dim and grey, no sunshine coming from the small window on the wall.

I was alone again.

The bed that I slept on no longer smelt like him, nor did the clothes I wore, and it was as if he was never here, never gone, never left.

I cried, sobbing, as I hit the pillows, and wondered why the heavens did this to me.

To leave one soulmate to die and the other to live.