Hanahaki

A/N:

Dedicated to my poetry book,

"All because of you,"

and the poem "Hanahaki"

As always music on top :)

I hope you all enjoy, and try to find some easter eggs from my poetry book!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There were many beauties in the world, the beauty of nature, the beauty of life, and most importantly, your beauty.

It was one summer night, where I gazed upon you from the other side of the dinner table, the air so calm, you could hear crickets chirping loudly outside.

That summer night, as I looked over his features, that slightly tousled brown hair, striking green eyes, pink lips, the epitome of beautiful imperfection.

There were things that I hadn't noticed before, the way you crinkle your eyebrows when you were confused, the way your cheeks were soft, full of adolescence.

I was lost in thought, looking over to you, unaware of the world, only of him and I.

"Hey," Eren said, "Are you okay?"

I was lifted out of my trance as I saw those jade eyes, looking directly at me, and I answered,
"Yes, I'm fine," I grabbed my things, and stood up quickly,

"I just need some sleep."

He stared at me with caring eyes, those cursed jade eyes, and bade me goodnight.

"Okay, make sure you get enough sleep."

"Yeah, Yeah, bye."

I walked off quickly as my heart fluttered, beating out of my chest, I went to my room, and when I got in, I slumped to the floor, clutching my beating heart.

The first few weeks were fine, it was a looming sort of normal, the feeling of unsettling calm, as I waited for something to happen, anything.

He was nice of course, boyish, fun, and filled with the necessity of a purpose, and I was young, and needed the necessity of feeling like the purpose.

Looking at him, I wondered what it would be like to be his, and for him to be mine, in this crazy world we called home, just him and I.

The first couple of weeks, I chose to ignore the relationship blooming between Eren and Mikasa, instead, blinded by my own dreams and fantasies.

She had loved him for longer than I, but it wasn't my fault, how it would take me time to realize his worth, and to realize that I could care for someone, other than myself.

After the first couple of weeks, as I watched him smile with the black haired girl, fixing her red scarf, helping her, being with her, I felt a sickness in my heart, figuratively of course.

How could love ever hurt me?

I longed to be her, I wanted to be her, and I needed to be her.

So then I did something I would have never done, if the conflicting feelings of love weren't present.

I talked to Eren more, and he was interested in telling me his goals and passions, as I listened to him, his anger to the world, he had many issues, that should have made me want to leave, but instead. I felt as if, because he was so flawed, I would love him more, for what he was, instead of what he did.

I talked to him more after that day, and I would never regret that day, talking to him, speaking to him, interacting with him.

It was 3 months, after we were comfortable in our friendship, where we would sometimes sneak out of our dorms, and have fun, disregarding the strict codes of the survery corps.