The Ache in my Heart

A/N:

Listen to the playlist above for the best vibes.

I worked really hard on this one, so please vote and comment.

4,000+ words

Featured the best green eyes brunette.

Eren Jeager

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life wasn't hard.

It wasn't as grand as those higher up ranking military officials, but it was comfortable, for my marleyan family, as my father worked for the government, and while his position was minor, it was better than most. Life was definitely easier compared to the eldians stuck in their ghettos, cursed forever by their blood.

I didn't even do much, and now that it was summertime, I was out of schooling, and was now free until I would choose what career path.

Due to my father's work, it was no surprise when a letter told us that a soldier would be housed at our home, for the short duration of the summer.

"Hurry up, make sure that everything is in place," My mother chided me, rushing over with an armload full of sheets, passing me by, as I rolled my eyes at her.

"They aren't some high class government official." I pouted, while saying.

She chided me,

"We have to have an appearance, and he is a higher level soldier, so make sure to be on your best behavior."

"Fine, fine..." I whipped the table down as she brought the laundry outside, to soak in the sunshine.

After a heavy day of cleaning, I sunk into the sofa, back aching, looking up to the white ceiling.

"Y/n! Come help me with setting the table!"

I went over and helped bringing out the forks and utensils and setting them down on the table,

"Just who does this bigshot soldier think he-"

"Hello,"

I froze, turning around with a fake smile on my face, face turning red.

"Y/N, this is the soldier I was telling you about," as my father came in, and the man greeted my father.

I looked at the man- no the boy, he didn't seem that much older than me, even with his scraggly hair, and half grown beard.

"Hello, you can call me Krueger." he introduced himself, a hand reaching out.

I ignored him, face still flushed, and finished putting the napkins on the table, and hurried into the kitchen, wishing to get away from my embarrassment.

We all sat at the dinner table, as my father ignored the obvious tension, carrying on about military information, and insisting to call him,

'My boy, this is where you will be staying for the next couple of months," he cheerily took a swig of wine, as I grimaced, embarrassed at his state of obvious drunkenness.

We didn't talk about it, but I obviously knew that he always wanted a soldier son, and the way I was, was definitely a disappointment.

"Yes we know," I loudly stated, rolling my eyes.

The green eyed boy coughed as he choked on his food, letting out a small, "sorry," before grabbing his napkin.

I looked at him, and mentally scoffed, I didn't even say anything that funny, and he still laughed?