Two years, eleven months, two weeks, twelve hours, fifty minutes before

Caleb was walking too fast for me to say anything to him then. He abruptly stopped walking at the end of the driveway. The second I caught up with him, he started talking.

"I went to visit Marley and Gus the other day. They're doing good and they want to meet you." I smiled. "They also told me that some of them were planning a rebellion." Caleb looked at me, "They want us to help them."

I didn't know what to say; what Caleb was talking about was a big deal. Me being quiet told Caleb that something was wrong. "Shay, this could be it." I knew what 'it' was, but I didn't know if 'it' was the right answer.

"I don't know, Caleb. I'm only 13 still and you're only 15."

"Marley left when she was 15, if she could live alone without anyone when she's 15, we can help them plan something." Caleb's voice was getting tense.

"Caleb, calm down. You're shaking. I said. I put my hand on Caleb's arm. He didn't stop shaking, but it calmed down a bit.

"Thanks," he said, looking down at where my hand was resting on his arm, "this is a big deal to me and Marley and I want to help her however I can."

I nodded, I understood how badly Caleb wanted to help Marley and live with her one day in the forest with someone he chose. "It's a big deal to me too, but I'm not sure I could live alone like that."

"You wouldn't be alone! That's the thing; everyone who's there all live together in a sense. Of course, they all have their own housing areas and whatnot, but you're surrounded by people who believe in the same thing as you. It's great and very peaceful. Everyone is in harmony with each other. I want to take you there sometime, you can meet Marley and Gus and their kids. You can get a feel of what it's like to be there." Caleb stopped shaking because he was excited. He couldn't wait to be there.

I listened to everything Caleb had to say, but I didn't pay attention to every little thing he said, my mind was still focused on what I said before and his response to it. "I meant alone, as in no one in my family being with me." I whispered.

Caleb was one to change his tone of voice quickly, going from excitement to quiet and peaceful to talk to me. "Shay, I'd be there with you. Do you think I'd let you live there by yourself? I promised Theo that I would watch you for him, and I plan on keeping that promise no matter where you and me are. And you are my family, maybe not biologically or by marriage, but you're family. And families are supposed to stay together no matter what happens."

"You're family too. I wouldn't want to be there without you anyway. You brought me there, I'd expect you to stay there with me."

Caleb smiled, a small and forced sort of smile, but it was still a smile. "I wasn't joking when I said I want to bring you there. If you even plan on living there, I'm still not sure about what you want really, you should know what it's like. I could tell you, but it wouldn't compare to seeing it for yourself. Do you even want to go there? It's up to you, not me."

I looked at Caleb before answering him. His shaggy black hair, which many adults frowned upon, was just about the length that could reach the tops of his eyebrows. And his blue gray eyes were a rarity where we were from. Most of the population had dark eyes, warm colored eyes, but a handful had light, cool colored eyes. Both Caleb and I had light eyes; his more a rarity than mine because of how light they were.

"I want you to take me to meet Marley. I don't care when exactly, and I don't care what anyone else thinks. Just tell me when and what to bring and I'll be there."

Caleb was smiling. His whole face was radiating smiles. But nothing could compare to the twinkle in his eyes that made me feel like the luckiest person I knew.

*Author's Note*

Ahhh, I know it's been ages since I updated! But omg Countdown hit 1.5k reads, I'm freaking out like omg omg. I think I might be fangirling over my own story..? Is that even normal? Anywaysss, thanks guys so much, I owe it all to the people who read and like! I love you all and don't be afriad to message me anytime! ily <3