Two years ten months two weeks seven days three hours forty three minutes before

Lily, who happened to be friends with Isaac or at least knew where he lived, took us to his house. I was uncertain about just showing up to someone's house who I had never met before, but being away from home is a time for fun and uncertainties.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked Lily as we waited for someone to answer the door.

"Of course it is." She answered back confidently. "Life is for taking chances and doing what your heart tells you to do." The door's hinges creaked right as she finished speaking.

A tall, blond haired, hazel eyed modest fellow answered the door. His faced seemed to light up when he saw Lily. "Hey Lily, did you need something?"

I glanced over at Lily, who was blushing. For someone I saw as so confident and loud spoken, I never imagined her blushing over a guy. "Hey Isaac, I was just wondering if you would like to take a walk?" Isaac casted a side glance at me, which caught both Lily and I's attention because she was soon introducing me to Isaac as her "out of town friend".

His smile never faded and he agreed to walking with Lily and I. Lily was ecstatic, and she purposely put herself in between Isaac and I as we started walking. Isaac seemed nice enough, and even though he had just met me, he had attempted to bring me into the conversation. His attempts didn't work though, because I just kept turning the conversation back to him and Lily. I wasn't there to make friends, I was there to help Lily kiss Isaac. I kept catching them sneaking glances at each other when the other one wasn't looking it, and it was sweet and innocent. It was especially sweet and innocent to see Lily acting like that and blushing over a boy.

We found ourselves at a park near downtown, and it was a lot larger and more detailed and serene than our local park. Sweet smelling flowers in a variety of pastel colors lines all the fences and walkways, and there was an intricate fountain directly in the middle, with benches surrounding it. Lily, who usually had a strong willed attitude, seemed to melt around Isaac, and seemed to follow what he said.

Isaac and Lily sat next to each other, leaving me as the awkward one left out, but I didn't mind. I took the time to people watch. Most of the benches were filled with couples, both young, newly matched couples and older married couples. One couple captured my attention more than others, if they were even a couple.

Two young boys, maybe around Theo's age, were sharing a bench, and I wouldn't have thought anything of it if they weren't holding hands. They were both attractive, nicely built bodies from what I could assume since we were all sitting down, but the fact that they kept snuggling up to each other and that they weren't letting go of each others's hands made me wonder. I never saw a boy treat another boy like that, and I wondered if it was common in other towns. No one seemed to notice, and passerby didn't say anything if they did notice. It made me smile that people here saw love as love, and not as some forced thing, even if it technically was.

I turned to ask Lily and Isaac if they knew the two boys, but when I went to tug on Lily's sleeve, she and Isaac were preoccupied. I smiled again and stood up to leave; happy that Lily caught Isaac and accomplished what she wanted.