Two years, eleven months, two weeks, fourteen hours before

The day that Theo and Celeste went back to her town was almost as bad as the day Theo left the first time. Mom was crying nonstop since Theo walked into the kitchen that morning. Dad waited to say goodbye to the both of them. And just like the first time, Caleb came to my house.

On the walk to the train station, Theo and Celeste walked ahead of the rest of us, holding hands. Mom walked behind them, not wanting to interrupt their quiet whispers, but wanting to talk with Theo before he left.

Caleb walked next to me, not trying to distract me, but trying to fill the silence with mindless talk. I nodded every few sentences to act like I was listening to what he was saying. Caleb got my attention by holding onto my arm, "Shay, what's wrong?"

"I'm just thinking." I said, still not really paying attention to what Caleb was saying.

"Must be something important you're thinking about because you're still not paying attention to me." He said.

We started walking again. "Sorry." I didn't know what to say. Caleb didn't say anything else and everyone was too far ahead of us to talk to, so we walked the rest of the way to the train station in silence.

Mom was already hugging Theo and Celeste when we arrived at the train station. Theo saw me walk onto the platform behind Mom, waiting for something to happen. He wriggled out of our mother's grip and walked over to me. In the few steps Theo took towards me, Caleb took fewer, smaller sidesteps until his hip was pressed against mine.

Theo looked at Caleb, telling him something without speaking. Caleb gave Theo a slight nod; somehow he understood what Theo had meant in his stares. Before he strode off to where Celeste was standing, he nestled his nose on the top of my head. "Promise." He murmured. Theo glanced at me sideways when Caleb left, but didn't ask me about what had happened or what it meant.

I spoke first, "It'll be lonely without you home."

"I'll be home next month for a weekend. we can do whatever you want then." I nodded, and waited for him to say something else. "Celeste really likes you."

"Good, I guess."

"Shay, celeste and I don't think were going to get married soon, but we have already thought about the wedding." I nodded again.

I wished Caleb was with me. Or that the train would come already. I didn't want Theo to leave, but I didn't want him to stay at home with Celeste. But he loved Celeste and wouldn't live without her.

"Are you going to say anything? Or are you just going to nod after everything I say?"

"Sorry." I didn't know what to say to Theo. I couldn't just say that I didn't want him to leave, it was already too late to say that.

"It's fine. I was just wondering what was wrong."

Nothing was wrong; I was just thinking about what seemed like everything. "I don't want you to leave, that's all."

Theo came over to me, "Shay," he started saying as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, "I don't want to leave, but I don't want to be without Celeste either. I love the both of you, and I don't want to be without either of you, but the love I have for Celeste is a different kind of love than I have for you and Mom. You'll understand when you meet your soulmate." He ruffled my hair. "Let's go with the others."

I noticed that the platform was more crowded then when we first arrived. Theo noticed it to, and grabbed my wrist to lead me through the crowd of people back to where we left everyone. We found them just as the train pulled up to the platform.

Mom saw us walking towards them and promptly broke out into tears again. Theo ran up to her before she could say or do anything. "Oh Mom, I'll miss you!" I heard Theo say. Mom started laughing a little, which was Theo's goal.

I walked over to where Celeste was standing and gave her a huge hug from behind. "Bye Celeste! I'm going to miss you!"

She stumbled forward from my hug, but laughed when she saw that it was me. "Shay! Don't do that. But I'm going to miss you too." Celeste turned around and gave me a proper hug.

Theo and Mom walked over to us. "Cel, we have to go now." Theo said. Celeste nodded and moved closer towards Theo. Mom gave them each one final hug before they boarded the train.

I moved closer to Mom, who was crying still. She gave me a hug while we waved to Theo and Celeste once they were on the train.

The train conductor blew the train's horn twice. Mom pulled me closer; away from where I was standing on the platform. "We should leave now." Mom said, "Go try to find Caleb." I nodded quickly before running off to find Caleb.

Since the train left, the platform was clearing out and I could see where Caleb was easier. Caleb was leaning against the light post. He saw me walking towards him. "Train leave?" He asked.

I nodded, "Why didn't you come and say goodbye?"

"Theo told me something when we were still at your house. Theo and I never stopped talking if you were wondering."

"I wasn't wondering but I'm glad to know I didn't ruin a years long friendship. What did Theo tell you?'

"He told me that he wanted me to watch you while he's gone."

"We should go and find my mom." I said, not sure what to say to that. I knew Theo cared about me, but I didn't think enough to ask Caleb to watch me while he's gone.

I started waking away from the light post and Caleb. "I'll see you later." Caleb sighed as a confirmation that he heard me.

Mom walked up to me just as Caleb disappeared from my sight. Her eyes were red and puffy; a true sign of crying. "Where's Caleb?" Mom asked me.

"He had to leave." We started walking off the platform and away towards home. Mom didn't say anything and I didn't say anything right away. "Can I ask you something?" I looked over at Mom to see her answer; she nodded. "What happened with caleb's sister, Marley?"

I expected Mom to tell me that it was none of my business, but instead she said, "Wait until we get home."

*Author'sNote*                                                                                                                              Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you all have a lovely 2015! Anyway, I still I cannot believe that Countdown has 1.4k reads! It means everything and more to me that people are reading what I'm writing! Even if I don't know you guys, I seriously love you all so much and I wish I knew more of your lovely faces! If you feel like DM or need to talk about something, I'm always here. Even if I'm not updating, I'm on Wattpad. Love you guys all sooooo much! <3 <3 <3