Two years, eleven months, six days, nineteen hours before

Caleb and I rushed past everyone in the market. I had no idea where he was taking me, but I wasn't scared of where he could take me, I was only scared of not knowing where he was taking me. I tried asking Caleb where we were going, but he shushed me and said the fun was not knowing.

After we left the market, Caleb and I started walking away from everything and towards the woods. I had never been to the woods or even over to that side of town until then. All the young couples, soulmate couples and non-soulmate couples, went to the woods in together. Everyone in the town knew that teenagers went to the woods, but they never did anything about it. The parents, even though they went into the woods when they were teenagers, believed that their children wouldn't do anything bad. But if what I hear is true, someone should tell the parents the truth.

I stopped abruptly at the edge where the town met the woods, "What are we doing here?"

Caleb walked slightly away from me, but was close enough that our hands could still reach each other. "I wanted to take you here." Caleb saw the shocked expression on my face because he quickly said something else. "I come here to think sometimes. To have some peace and quiet. No one comes to this side of the woods so I like it here. I've hidden a blanket in one of the empty tree trunks." He grabbed a blanket out of the tree trunk he was leaning against. "Shay come here, it'll be nice to sit under the trees with the blanket and think. We don't have to talk if you don't want to. Or we can talk if you want. We can do whatever you want here."

I still wasn't sure about going into the woods with Caleb. I thought about everything Caleb has done to me since I've known him and he's never hurt me or lied to me. I trusted that he wouldn't do anything to me and would listen if I said no. "Sure, I'll go with you. Just if I say no, I mean no. Don't question it, don't beg me, and don't force me. I will get up and leave if you do one thing."

Caleb was taken back; I had never spoken like that to him or to anyone before. "You think I would hurt you? Or do something to you that you don't want me to do. And I'm sorry if I ever did anything to you that you didn't want to do." He looked hurt that I would even think that about him, let alone say it to him.

"Caleb, I didn't mean it like that." I whispered. He had walked away from me and looked like he wasn't paying attention to me.

"What did you mean it like then?"

"I know what happens here sometimes and I don't want that to happen." I said, being honest.

He turns around towards me again. "Shay, you honestly thought I would do that to you?"

I looked down, "No, I didn't think you would."

Caleb came over to me then. He took my hand and look me straight in the eyes. I tried not to squirm or blush in front of him. "Then why would you say that to me?" He thought for a second before saying something else. "Did someone hurt you when you were here before?"

I was blushing now. "No! I just was saying that. I didn't mean anything by it."

Caleb looked at me like he wasn't certain if I was being honest or not, but he didn't say anything about it. "Okay." He looked back to where he left the blanket. "Do you want to come and sit with me now that we clarified what you meant?"

I thought about it, "Sure."

"Good, but now it's too late to stay and talk for awhile so let's walk home. If I'm correct, I think my mother invited you to dinner tonight. And I've been meaning to invite you to have dinner with my family, so consider the invitation from my mother to be from the both of us." He gave me on of his award winning smiles.

I wanted to do something with Caleb, but I didn't know if having dinner at his house was the right thing to do. "I would have to ask my parents, but if it's okay with them, then sure." I smiled.

"I was hoping you would say yes." He said before we rushed back to our town.

*Author's Note*
Hey loveys! Another rare update!! I have at least 5 chapters written and ready to go but I'm just not updating! I'm going to try to update more now! I love you guys so so much! <3