Two years, eleven months, five days, twenty four hours, thirty minutes before

I hadn't been riding in a while and I forgot how much I enjoyed it. It could be peaceful or exciting, whichever you wanted, and you could spend hours riding and you could just lose yourself if you needed too. It was my perfect escape to think things over.

Theo was right, I was spending a lot of time with Caleb, but I didn't see what was wrong with that. We didn't see each other during school that much, so I spent time with my others friends then. But when I was with Jane and Kara, I wasn't really there; I was thinking about Caleb. It wasn't heathy for me, that was the problem. All I did was be around Caleb, all I thought about was being with Caleb, and it seemed that I only cared about Caleb.

I stopped Carrot and just sat. I needed to stop having my life revolve around Caleb and for me to start being more independent from him. He tried to get me to leave him alone sometimes before, but I never listened. I always ran back to him even when he tried to keep a heathy distance between us. Multiple people tried telling me that I should stop being so clingy with Caleb and that I was changing, but I didn't listen to them. I didn't think anything was wrong; I was mesmerized by Caleb. He was older and he was interested in me. It wasn't just that, we also talked and I could trust him. Caleb wasn't the problem, I was. I wouldn't let myself actually live when I wasn't with him.

"Come on, Carrot, let's go back." I got back onto Carrot and turned her around. I brought her up to a gallop so that we would get back quicker. Celeste was sitting on the same chair that I was sitting on before.

"Shay! Where were you?" She scrambled off the porch and ran over to me. "Why didn't you tell us that you were going riding? We were worried."

"You two were the ones who told me to get away, so I went away." I walked past Celeste and into the house. Mom was in the kitchen, baking something.

"Hi Shay, were you riding?"

I took a bit of what Mom had already baked. "Yes, didn't you see my note?" I pointed to the spot where I had left the note, which happened to be under her bowl.

She lifted the bowl and looked over the paper. "I thought that was an old recipe, but we weren't worried because we figured you were out with Theo. Speaking of Theo, why don't you and Celeste go out to town and try to find him?"

Celeste had followed me into the house and had heard everything Mom and I had said. "Okay Mrs. Mitchell. Come on Shay." She waited until we were out of the house and halfway down the driveway before saying anything. "Why did you run off like that?"

"Theo yelled at me to get out, so I got out." I was still annoyed at Celeste for not doing anything when Theo yelled at me.

"It isn't my fault Theo yelled at you, so stop acting like it was me. And Theo felt terrible after you ran out, so don't ignore him when we find him because it'll just make him more upset. I think he said he was going to the market, so we should probably go there first. I don't know where the market is, so you go in front of me and I'll follow you."

We started walking towards the market, trying to make small talk, when we ran into Theo. Celeste ran up to him and kissed him, and I feel like she said something to him because he didn't yell at me for running off. He just let go of Celeste and came over to me and gave me a hug. It wasn't one of his huge big brother hugs from before, but it wasn't totally unemotional.

"Cel, go before us, I need to talk to Shay." Celeste nodded and went towards the house while Theo and I stood where we were.

Theo didn't give me any time to say anything. "I'm sorry for yelling at you, but you can't just watch Celeste and I when we're doing that. It's something private for a couple to do," he smiled a little bit, "but don't worry, you'll understand when you meet your soulmate." Apparently that's all Theo had to say because he ruffled my hair and started walking up to the house.

"Theo!" He turned around cautiously, "Tell Mom that I'm going to Jane's house." He nodded and I started running towards town.

*Author's Note*                                                                                                                                                                         Ayeee, I'm sticking to my posting schedule for once! AND WE HIT 1.9K AHHHH READS!!!!!! I know that isn't very much but it means the world to me! I love you guys so very much and once again, thank you. I hope everyone has a lovely break! <3