Two years, eleven months, four weeks, three days, fifteen hours before

A few days after Theo left, he sent us a letter. Caleb was with me when it was delivered. When he saw who it was from, Caleb gave it to me. I wanted to read it, but it was addressed to Mom and Dad. As I went to place it on the counter, my fingernail slipped under the envelope's flap. Two pieces of paper fell onto the floor. Caleb picked them up, looked them over, then handed me one of the papers. I sat down before reading what Theo wrote me.

I exhaled than began reading.

Shay, I know it hasn't been
long since I left, but I've met
my soulmate. Her name is
Celeste and she's coming home
with me. Love you- Theo

Caleb squatted down next to me, and wiped away a stray tear running down my cheek. I didn't know I was crying until then. "What's wrong?"

I sniffed, "Theo met his soulmate."

"What's wrong with that?" 

I looked at Caleb straight in the eyes, unblinking. I hoped that he could tell what was wrong.

He clicked his tongue before answering. "Something's wrong because you don't like the idea of the soulmates and the bracelets," I nodded and he continued,  "I know that Shay, but not everyone else feels like that. Me and you, we need to stay together." I nodded again. "Let's go to the park." I smiled when Caleb took my hand in his to lead me outside.

Just as Caleb and I started walking out the back door, the front door open and closed. I went to say something, but Caleb placed two of his fingers on my parted lips. "Stay quiet." he mouthed.

He started walking away from me and towards the front door. I stepped towards my left and the wood floor started to creak. I held my breath and waited to hear something.

Caleb said something to whoever was there. Whoever was there answered pretty loudly.  "Caleb it's me,"

I scooted closer to the doorway, next to Caleb. He turned his head towards me, "Wait here." he said. Caleb went over to whoever was there. I heard muffled whispers between them. Soon Caleb called me over to them.

They were sitting around the kitchen table waiting for me; Caleb, Theo, and someone I've never seen before. I sat down next to Caleb and across to Theo. Theo cleared his throat before speaking. "Shay, this is Celeste. I assume you got my letter?" He looked at me, questioning if I got his letter. I nodded. "Then you know what's happening, right?"

I nodded, "Celeste is your soulmate."

"And she's moving in with us. Did Mom and Dad not tell you?"

"The letter just came and your parents weren't home so Shay hasn't read or opened it. No one has." Caleb spoke for me.

Theo snapped, "Let Shay speak for herself." They both looked at me. I looked at Celeste, but she was looking at the floor.

"I only read the note you wrote me." I said.

"Then you know Celeste is my soulmate."

"I know that, but the letter to me didn't say that she was moving in with us. We don't have an extra room for her to move into either."

Theo sighed, "In the letter I explained how Celeste could share a room with you. Everything was explained in the letter. Where is the letter anyway?"

Caleb got up and reached for the letter. "Here." He handed it to Theo.

Theo quickly opened it, glanced it over, then handed it to me. "Read it."

The letter to our parents was considerably longer than the one theo wrote me. I didn't read the whole thing, only the sentence where he mentioned my name; Celeste can share a room with Shay.

"When did you send it?" Caleb asked.

"Last week. The letter stated that we would be arriving today."

"Everything was stated in the letter, wasn't it?" I snapped at Theo.

I slid my chair away from table. Caleb, Theo and Celeste pushed their chairs away after I did. Caleb called after me, asking me to wait for him. Behind Caleb I heard Theo telling Celeste to wait in the house. I pushed the back door open and slammed it closed before anyone could follow me outside.

Standing on the back porch I realized that I didn't run off or make a big scene. I figured that either Caleb or Theo would come out and try to talk with me. In the end, it was Celeste who came out.

"Hi," she said as she slipped into the chair next to mine. Her voice was soft and quiet, yet she spoke with a sense of authority. "I didn't like it when my older sister met her soulmate either." I didn't say anything when she paused and waited for me to talk. " I'm guessing you and Theo are close?"

I felt that Theo would have told Celeste about me. "He's not really like that. He's acted different" I stood up away from Celeste and started to walk towards the barn.

Celeste followed me out to the barn. I stopped and waited for her to catch up to me. "Do you ride?" I asked.

Omg lovelys so so sorry for not updating in months! I have been writing more of Countdown (I'm doing NaNoWriMo's Young Writers Program) so expect more updates soon! Once again, thank you so much for over 1k reads! It means the world to me, you can't imagine! The real reason I haven't updated in awhile is pure laziness, I'm not going to try to cover it up by saying I was busy when I haven't been. Anyway, expect more updates and thank you all!!! Love you guys so much <3