Two years, eleven months, three weeks, five days, fourteen hours before

For the few weeks that Celeste was living with us, she attended our school. She was in Theo and caleb's class, therefore I didn't see them that much during school. Just like usual, Theo and I walked to school together only with Celeste and without Caleb. instead of Caleb meeting us halfway to school, he met me on the steps leading up to the main entrance of the school. He pulled me away from Theo and Celeste and over to the side of the main entrance.

When Caleb grabbed my hand absentmindedly while we walked over to the school, I felt that everyone else disappeared and that it was just me and Caleb. I hated that holding hands with Caleb months after I found out we weren't soulmates still made me feel like that, but I also loved it for the same reason.

Caleb walked me to my locker. He leaned against the locker next to mine and waited for me to get my books out. "So your birthday is coming up," he said as a group of Theo's friend walked by. I shook my head, clearly confused, before Caleb pressed a note into my hand. He walked away before I could open it or say anything. I looked behind me to make sure no one could look at what Caleb wrote. No one was behind me so I unfolded it carefully. Knowing myself, I could have easily ripped it in half making it unable to read.

MEET ME IN THE ROOM AFTER SCHOOL

I reread the note twice before ripping it up and throwing it away into my locker. I was worried because after we got caught, Caleb didn't like being in the room during the school week and he didn't even like going on weekends when teachers weren't at the school, and now Caleb was telling me to meet him in the room so it had to be important, whatever he was going to say.

I looked down the hallway towards where Caleb's locker was and saw him standing there waiting for me to look towards him. "Please Shay. I need you to go." He yelled down the hall to me. Everyone looked at me; it wasn't everyday that people yelled down the hallway to students in other grades than them. Caleb and I started laughing at how everyone was looking at us like it was abnormal to be friends with someone that was in a different grade than you.

Caleb walked into his first class when two of my other friends, Kara and Jane, walked over to me. Kara and Jane were closer to each other than they were to me, but they still included me in something if they were doing it during school. Sometimes one of them would come over if they needed help with homework and the other one didn't know the answer to it. Both of them had massive crushes on Caleb, that I knew.

Kara spoke first, "Who was that?" She asked even though she knew it was Caleb.

"It was Caleb Dawson, you know that."

"Yeah, but why did he yell your name down the hall?" Jane asked.

"We're friends, he needed to tell me something."

"You're so lucky he knows you exist. I could run into him and he wouldn't know who I was." Kara gushed.

I smiled a little, "Yeah, I guess I am lucky. He's a great friend."

Jane and Kara laughed, "Come on, we all have English for our class." Jane said. I laughed with them as we walked into English class just before our teacher started class.

Yay! New part! Not that long and exciting, but it gets better soon, I promise. Thank you lovelys so much for 1.3k reads! That means the world to me!!! Please vote and comment, lovelys!