Two years, eleven months, two weeks, thirteen hours before

When Mom and I finally got home, we went into the kitchen. Dad wasn't home yet, which was good because I didn't think he would approve of what Mom and I were going to talk about.

I didn't beg Mom right away; I let her make a pot of tea before asking her again. "Patience Shay, give me a moment." Mom said, breathing in the sweet smell of her tea. I waited for her to speak.

"Caleb's mom and i used to be very close. If you remember, Mrs. Dawson, Caleb and Marley used to come over often when you were a toddler. Marley is five years older than Caleb, and Caleb is Theo's age, so she must be around 20 or 21 now." I nodded, urging Mom to continue.

"When Marley was 15, a few years after she received her bracelet, she decided she didn't like the government's idea of the soulmates and the bracelets so she decided that she was going to plan a rebellion by leaving the town. Mrs. Dawson was in complete denial over the whole thing, of course. She didn't want to believe that her only daughter would do that considering her father's position in the government." I nodded some more. I needed to know what happened. I felt ashamed that I was treating Caleb's past like a drama filled film.

"After Marley left with that boy, Mr. Dawson lost his job with the government, but I believe he got another government job now. Alex disowned the family even though he was only thirteen. Caleb had the worst reaction; he stopped talking. Poor boy, he was only 10 when that all happened. He lost both of his siblings then, one of which was his best friend. Alex forgave the family though, all of them except Marley."

I was confused; Caleb never mentioned another sibling to me besides Marley. "Who's Alex? Caleb never mentioned another sibling to me." Caleb either didn't want me to know about Alex or he didn't acknowledge Alex after what happened with Marley. I knew he loved Marley and wouldn't forgave anyone who hurt her.

"Alex is Caleb's brother. I'm shocked Caleb never told you about him. Mind you, Caleb and Alex haven't been in good terms since Marley left. Try talking to Caleb about him if you want."

I faked a smile, "Thank you for telling me everything," I stood up only to lean down to give Mom a hug, "I think I'm going to go up to my room now."

Someone knocked impatiently on the front door when I started climbing up the stairs. I waited on the staircase to see who it was. Soon, Mom called me down to the kitchen where I left her.

Caleb was standing by the door waiting for me, "I need to talk to you."

*Author's Note*

Ahhhh! Another rare update! Anway, thanks guys soooo much for almost 1.5k reads! I can't believe that people are actually reading Countdown! Love you guys so so much <3