Two years ten months three weeks six days fifteen hours fortynine minutes before

The train ride to Celeste's town wasn't the most exciting trip. Dad had his newspaper to read, and Mom had her knitting, and they both liked their silence. I had the window seat next to Celeste and Theo, who were snuggled up together and were speaking in hushed whispers. Mom had told me to bring my schoolwork, and I did, but I didn't feel like spending the trained buried in schoolbooks and papers.

Theo eventually reached over Celeste to tap on my shoulder. I had been looking out the window at the passing scenery. "Cel's asleep," he whispered, "do you want to talk?"

I turned away from the window and towards Theo. "Sure" Celeste was snuggled up next to Theo, and buried herself under his arm and into his side.

"How is school going?"

"School is going good. I passed my math test the other day."

"That's great Shay!" Theo smiled and gave me a high five with the arm Celeste wasn't grabbed onto.

Mom overheard me and she smiled at me over her knitting. "Good job Shay."

"Thank you." Dad didn't look up from his newspaper and Mom had gone back to her knitting. Theo went to say something to me, but Celeste stirred in her sleep and his attention was drawn to her. When Celeste only moved around in her sleep and didn't wake up, Theo turned his attention back to me.

"How are you?" I ask Theo before he could ask me something else.

"I'm doing great." He looked down at Celeste still snuggled up to him and smiled. "Yeah, I'm doing great."

I gave him a small smile, "I miss you being at home all the time, but I'm happy you're happy with Celeste."

He smiled again, "Yeah, its pretty great to have met your soulmate. How much longer do you have on your countdown?"

I did a quick check of my bracelet, not being one who obsessed over their countdown. "A little under two years."

Theo looked over at Mom and Dad before saying anything. They were in some type of conversation, not looking over at us. "So how is Caleb?" Theo eventually asked.

I fidgeted in my seat a little. Caleb used to be a touchy subject with Theo and my parents. "You saw him recently."

He laughed, "I know I did, but I was asking you how he is. You two spend a lot of time together." Theo gave me an overprotective older brother warning look. "Do you spend that much time together when I'm not home?

The truth was yes, possibly, probably even more time together; I just didn't want to tell Theo that. I looked over at Mom and Dad, who were still occupied in conversation. Theo was getting annoyed with my delayed answer. "C'mon Shay, just tell me."

"Yeah, Caleb and I spend that much time together when you aren't home, and honestly we probably spend more time together when you aren't home."

Theo didn't say anything besides giving me a slight "hmm" sound. I felt bad, because I knew how Theo felt about not spending as much time with me as he would like, but I also felt like he didn't have to leave to be with Celeste. Luckily, she started to wake up and Theo's attention went back to her.

I turned away from their sudden conversation. The trees that heavily lined the outline of the train tracks were starting to become sparse, and small houses were starting to be seen in the distance. Soon only empty meadows, clear of dense forestry, were surrounding the train tracks with a fence hitting the edge of the tracks. The shiny, rust-free chainlink fence was to protect the people picnicking on the lush, baby green grass. We were starting to reach the inner city center.

From the outskirts of the city to the train station in the city center, the ride was short. Theo and Celeste were still talking and Mom and Dad put their things away. Everyone got out their tickets and waited for the train to stop. Celeste was looking out the window for her family and Theo's leg was shaking in anticipation. I guess he was still nervous around them.

He grinned at me when the train came to a screeching halt. "You ready to meet your future in-laws?"

I was repulsed at the thought, but I nodded anyway and got ready to disembark the train.