Three years, one month, one week, three hours, twenty five minutes before

For the past three weeks, Caleb has walked me to and from school. I was overjoyed and felt butterflies in my stomach every time he walked pass me in school or I saw him during lunch. We had a school wide lunch period and you could sit with whoever you wanted to. Caleb always brushed past my shoulder walking to his lunch table, but never stopped to talk or to ask me if I wanted to sit with him. The small group of people I sat with looked at me every time after Caleb would do that, but I didn’t answer so they just left me alone.

            Once the last bell rang, and I put all the rest of books away into my locker, I would try to hurry to the room before Caleb. He must have known a secret way to get there that he didn’t show me because he always got to the room before I did, even though my last class was closer to the room than his. When I was looking for the correct door that would lead me to all the stairs and ladders it would take to get up to the room, I made sure that nobody was following me. Theo wouldn’t because he knew that Caleb and I walked home later than he did, so he didn’t bother to follow me. And besides if he did follow me one day, it would be easy to get Theo lost.

            The one day I did make it to the room before Caleb was unusual. The door was wide open, but there was no sign of Caleb or any other person. I didn’t think it was a big deal, so I pulled my math textbook out and started doing the rest of my math homework that I didn’t finish in class. It didn’t take me long to finish the rest of the problems, and Caleb wasn’t there yet, so I decided to start on my science homework. When that started to not make sense, I started to put the textbook away, but Caleb rushed in; his face flushed. “Shay, we need to get out, Mr. Brights is coming.” He panted in between words.

            I jumped out of the big plush office chair, dropping my science textbook. Caleb went to get that, while I shoved the papers of mine into my backpack. We were stopped by the sound of a shoe tapping on the linoleum flooring. “Well, well, well what do we have here? Caleb Dawson and Shailene Mitchell?” Mr. Brights booming voice washed over us. “I could expect Mr. Dawson to trespass onto restricted school property, but Ms. Mitchell?”

            Caleb was about to defend me, but I tried defending myself. “We were just up here to do some homework, Mr. Brights, we didn’t mean to trespass, honestly.” My voice squeaked.

            Mr. Brights looked at me. I tried to smile, but I think it came out more like a grimace. “You know we have certain classrooms reserved just for homework after school, plus there is always the library.”

            “Yes…but-”I tried to say before getting cut off by Mr. Brights.

            “No buts, Ms. Mitchell. Two days of detention for the both of you, starting tomorrow.” Mr. Brights turned back to face the door, “And if I catch either one of you in here again, it’ll be suspension instead of a mere detention.” He walked out the door muttering something about disrespectful teenagers these days. It took everything in me not to laugh at him.

            Once Mr. Brights was far enough down the hallway to not be able to hear either me or Caleb, I bursted out laughing. Caleb looked at me like something was wrong before starting to laugh along with me for a moment. “You do release we just got detention, right?” Caleb asked me.

            “Sure I do,” I said in between giggling, “It’s the first time I’ve ever gotten one. My parents’ are going to be so mad at me.”

            He stopped laughing all together and looked at me. “You’ve never gotten a detention before?”

            I shook my head, “Nope. C’mon lets go home.”

            “You’re parents are going to kill me, Shay.” Caleb muttered under his breath. I didn’t know how true that statment was.

*Author's Note*

Okay, another filler chapter, I know. But I have something excitingish planned for the next one or two chapters! Thank you so much for the reads and the votes!!! Now, all I need is just a little feedback! Anyway, I love you all lovelys!!! <3