Two years ten months four weeks three days five hours twenty-nine minutes before

I loved Celeste like she was my sister, and I loved being with her, but sometimes she treated me like I was younger than I actually was. Theo also seems different since they met. He stopped asking me to do stuff with him and he stopped talking to me as much. That's why I was surprised when they asked me to go riding with them.

We started walking out to the barn. I didn't say anything, but Celeste and Theo whispered to each other constantly. They just stood there while I got both Carrot and Turnip ready. Theo helped Celeste get onto Turnip and made sure she was safely on before he jumped onto Carrot behind me.

"Why are you going to ride Carrot and not Turnip?"

"I don't think Turnip is up to holding two people." Theo left it at that and brought Carrot up to a walk. Celeste did the same to Turnip.

We rode in silence for a few minutes until Theo cleared his throat. "Shay you know that the legal age to move out with your soulmate is sixteen, right?"

I nodded before I realized that he couldn't see me. "Yes."

"And you know that I'm going to be sixteen soon, right?"

Once he brought up moving out, I had an idea of what he was going to say. "Are you and Celeste going to move into your own house once you turn sixteen?"

Theo turned to look at Celeste. "We're thinking about moving out. Our parents still need to discuss it together. We don't know where we would move, or when we would, but we just wanted to bring it up now." Theo brought Carrot back into a walk. "Oh, and we're all going to visit Celeste's family soon."

The only time I've ever been to a different town was for Aunt May's wedding five years ago. "When are we going to go?"

"Next week when you're on break from school."

"Okay."

We continued riding in silence for a few moments. I felt that there was something else Theo wanted to talk about. "Is there anything else you wanted to talk about?"

"Yes actually. I know that you kissed Caleb."

I felt all the color drain from my face and by Celeste's reaction, I knew that my face was paler than snow.

"He came over a few days ago to tell me. He also told me that you two haven't spoken since that night." Theo turned around to look at me without stopping Carrot. "Why did you kiss him?"

I wanted to say something witty, but I couldn't get myself to speak what I was thinking. "I-i don't know." I whispered.

"I'm not going to lecture you about kissing, because my first kiss wasn't with Cel, but I wish it was. At the time, kissing someone who wasn't my soulmate seemed cool, but now being with and kissing my soulmate is cool." Theo gave some kind of proud looking smile to Celeste.

Celeste giggle at Theo, but quickly regained a serious tone. "My first kiss was with my soulmate, and I know waiting fifteen years for a first kiss sounds dorky, but it was worth it." With that, Theo jumped off of Carrot and jumped onto Turnip and pulled Celeste close to him. I turned away when they started kissing.

Now with the freedom of being alone on Carrot, I decided to turn around and bring her back to the barn. I wanted to talk to Caleb about our kiss and if it meant a lot to him like it did to me.

*Author's Note*                                                                                                                                                                                An update in honour of COUNTDOWN HITTING 2K!!! Thank you everyone! Hitting 2k was the perfect ending to 2015! I hope everyone had a great year & that everyone's new year is great too.  Love you all <3