chapter twenty two

┈┈。゚۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ゚。┈┈

"Yah, Bae Rona. Because of you, we had to run laps for no reason!" I look up from my desk to see Jenny approaching Rona.

From her seat, Eunbyeol also attacks her, "Because of you, we all got demerits. How are you going to take responsibility for it?" I sigh, looking back at the book on my desk.

"Why should I be responsible for your demerits?" Rona says. I hear a chair screech and Eunbyeol is walking towards Rona. She stops in front of her, looking down.

"How is it you are doing something just like your mother?" I watch the feud go down, placing my elbow on my desk.

"Why are you bringing my mother up? Isn't it enough to go after me?" The rest of the class stands up, slowly crowding the area.

"You don't know? Your mom did a suicide show when she was a student at Cheong A too. It's because of her there isn't a Cheong Ah Arts Festival." Eunbyeol says. The class gasps and I think back to all the articles I've read about this school. I look at Rona, waiting for her reaction.

"A girl who was jealous of the winner cut her own throat with the trophy." So it was her mom. I smirk, hearing the rest of the class react.

"Are you serious? The one wo slit her own throat was... oh my god!" Jenny backs away in "fear", and Rona shoots up in her chair.

"Stop lying!" Eunbyeol scoffs, and smiles.

"If you don't believe us, ask her yourself." Eunbyeol leans closer to Rona, "in any case, she may be too embarrassed to tell you the truth." Eunbyeol finally walks away and Rona slumps back into her chair.

Jenny and Minhyuk walk over to me, sitting in front of me.

"Do you really think her mom did it?" I shrug my shoulders, resting my hands on my palms.

"I wouldn't be surprised. Mother like daughter, am I right?" The two nod, and Minhyuk leads forward.

"So when are you going to tell everyone?" I widen eyes, hitting him in the shoulder.

"didn't you already say you wouldn't tell anyone?" He smiles, and leans back, placing his hands in his lap.

"Tell everyone what?" I look at Jenny who had asked the question.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it." I smile at her, and place my hands in my lap.

"Class is about to start again, get to your own seats." Jenny scoffs and walks back to her seat, Minhyuk following her.

~

I hear the door open, and someone walks in carrying a platter. "It's tiring, isn't it? Drink this red ginseng then continue studying." My eyes follow the packet in Mrs. Sim's hand as she places it next to Seokkyung.

"Does the new teacher teach well? Do you like it?" Her mom puts her hand on her back rubbing her.

"He isn't too bad." I sit up, watching their interaction. Mrs. Sim turns around, and smiles at me.

I straighten my back as she walks over to me, handing me a milk carton. "Here Jaewha, it must be tiring for you too." I smile, thanking her for the chocolate milk.

She says goodbye to Seokkyung, and walks out shutting the door. Seokkyung sighs, and turns around.

"You know, your mom is much better than mine." I say, sipping on the pouch.

Seokkyung slumps in her chair, "anyone's mom is better than yours at this point." I snort, bringing the carton down from my mouth.

"You aren't wrong. At least your mom is trying again." I stand up, finishing the milk, and throwing it in the garbage.

"I'll be back, I'll go to the restroom first." She nods, turning back to her homework. I walk out of the room, closing the door behind me.

I walk out the living room seeing Seokhoon sitting by himself. I smile, but realize his dad walking up next to him. I run behind one of the pillars, squatting.

"Shouldn't you explain? Why did you say such a strange thing to me? That I killed Min Seol Ah? On what grounds?" I widen my eyes and peer around the corner, making eye contact with Seokhoon. I slowly lean back, still listening to their conversation.

I hear Seokhoon sigh, and he walks closer to his dad. "Min Seol Ah died at Hera palace." But i thought she died at booseok village? "didn't she?" I position myself in a more comfortable position, grabbing my phone out and recording.

"Did you lock her in the mechanical room?" Seokhoon says.

"Who the hell said that? How dare you say such nonsense." Suspicious.

"Before you hear my response, why don't we start with your answer? Did you really kill Min Seol Ah?" I stand up from my sitting position, and look around the corner again.

"Why would I? Why would I get blood on my hands getting rid of something so trivial?" I scoff, but cover my mouth quickly.

"If not, never mind. Good night." Seokhoon walks away from his dad, and to where I was standing. He looks at me, and grabs my hand, pulling me away from the situation.

I look behind me and see Mr. Joo glaring at me. I smile, and politely bow, but turn around following Seokhoon.

~

"One that was stupid of you, and two that was dangerous. Why would you do that?" He sits me on the couch in their study room and stands in front of me.

"I just needed to go to the restroom... and then I saw you sitting down all alone so I was gonna sit with you but then your dad walked up and you guys started talking so I hid." I pout, looking up at him from where I sat. He looks down at me, crossing his arms.

"Then you should've kept walking." I scoff, crossing my legs and arms.

"Why? It was about Min Seol A. You were hiding something from all of us." He sighs, squatting in front of me. I follow his face as he squats, keeping eye contact with him.

"Because I had to make sure. You also heard what my dad said, so obviously she didn't die here."  I bite my lip, and he stands back up.

"Don't do that again, okay? I can't let you get hurt." I try to hide my smile, but he catches it.

"I love you." I scoff and grab his arm, making him sit next to me.

"I love you too."

┈┈。゚۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ゚。┈┈