chapter twenty seven

┈┈。゚۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ۪ ゚。┈┈

I move around in my seat, turning to face my uncle. "Can you take me somewhere?" He glances at me, but looks back at the road.

"Where? Unless it's somewhere illegal." I snort, shaking my head.

"Just drop me off by the café you took me last time, I'll be fine after that." I hear my uncle make a weird noise with his teeth, stopping the car at the red light.

"What if you do something bad? It'll be my fault." I shake my head, holding my pinky up.

"I won't be doing anything bad. Just drop me off there, please." He sighs, nodding. He presses on the gas, taking a right towards the café.

I grab my backpack out of the backseat, and turn back towards my uncle. "Thank you for dropping me off." He sighs, waving me away.

I laugh, opening the door, and walking towards the café. I walk into the café, walking up to the register and ordering something random. The person at the register asks me for the amount of money, and I hand it to him. He gives me my drink, and I thank him.

I look back out to see if my uncle was still parked there, and he wasn't. I walk back out of the cafe, turning to the right, walking straight to the DNA center.

~

"Ma'am?" I look at the lady who had called me, and stand up. She hands me a piece of paper, showing me the results.

"You guys are related, but she isn't your mom." I grab the paper from the lady, examining it.

Our genes were alike, but they were too different to be counted as a close relative... I drop my arm, picking my backpack up.

"Thank you." I turn around, walking out of the lab. I shove the papers in my bag, placing the backpack over my shoulder.

I walk out into the parking lot, and look at my watch. It was only 11 in the morning. I look left and right, and sigh. Let's go back to school I guess.

~

After a few bus trips, I was standing in front of our school building again. I grip my backpack, walking into the school. I walk through the main entrance, and through the many halls of Cheong Ah.

I walk by the teacher's office, and someone starts speaking.

"During your probation period, you got into trouble again?" I raise my eyebrow, peaking around the corner of the hallway. I see our PE teacher and Seokhoon standing near the end of the hallway.

"Was it really you who did it? Did you put the cigarettes in Bae Rona's bag?" My eyes widen. Seokhoon wouldn't do that. Is he taking the blame for it?

"Goodness me. You've never received a punishment you deserve, so you keep doing the same things over, and over again." Mr. Gu just kept going on and on about Seokhoon's problems. "It's not too late to apologize to Ahn Eunoo for beating him." Like he would ever apologize to Eunoo.