chapter thirty eight

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

"They parents are now standing with their kids by the statue." Jaehwa glanced at her phone, pretending to pay attention to it. She leans over, grabbing the cup of coffee resting in front of her.

It was a little surprising that no one had spotted her, or approached her, but it made her life ten times easier. She heard Logan from the other side of her ear piece, and continued to watch the group. She placed her cup back down, and grabbed her phone off of the couch she was sitting on.

Messages were still flooding her kakao talk inbox, but she simply ignored it, not wanting to deal with anything.

"I don't get why I can't be with Mrs. Sim. She's doing things that are cooler than sitting down on a couch." Jaehwa slightly pouts, complaining about the situation she was in, again.

"Jaehwa I swear, if you don't stop complaining I'm gonna force you into that room." Logan threatened her, and she could hear it in his voice that he was slightly stressed. She picked her cup back up, sipping and glancing at the group again.

"Sorry, sorry. When is your secretary coming?" She looked to the left, looking at the entrance of Hera Palace. She spots Mr. Kim walk down the hall, stopping right by the group.

"Your limo is here. I will be taking you to the venue." The other adults nod, and proceed to say goodbye to their kids.

"Well, they're all saying bye. What do I do now?" Jaehwa stands up, still watching the group of families.

"Just wait there, I'll get you in a bit." The line cuts, signaling that Logan had ended the call. Jaehwa sighs, placing herself back in the seat, sipping on her drink...

~

"None of you have talked to Jae? Like since Seokhoon and her broke up?" The group shook their head, sitting in their hangout area, waiting for the singer.

"Why are you asking again? Last I heard from Jaehwa she was upset that you had believed Bae Rona over her..." Jenny sinks into her seat, responding to Jumin. The brother sighs, running his hand through his hair.

"That was a long time ago-" Jumin gets cut off by Minhyuk, who had been standing by the window.

"It was three weeks ago. If you think Jaewha could get over something like her brother betraying her for a girl they had barely met, I don't think you know your sister enough." Jumin scoffs, turning to him.

"What do you know? You also left her when Seokkyung thought she was the one that had stole the shoe." Minhyuk stays in his place, glancing at Seokkyung.

"That's a whole different topic. We've all known Seokkyung for more than a year." Jumin stays quiet, turning around.

"Why is it taking the singer so long anyways? We've been in here for almost 4 hours." Eunbyeol, who had been sitting quietly. brings up the absence of the singer.

The intercom makes a loud nose, scaring the group. The scratching of the mic being turned on stops after a bit, a girl clearing her throat on the other side of the mic.

"Testing, 1 2 3. Hello?..." The intercom turns off, but is turned back on right away. "I guess you guys can hear me. How is everyone?" The voice lowers her voice, making it seem as she's whispering into the microphone.

"Who are you? Where's the singer?" Seokkyung stands up, facing the intercom in the room.

"Ah! She's not coming, I guess she bailed on you guys... that sucks. Now that you're already here... wanna play a game?" Seokhoon, who had been standing in the corner, quickly realizes who had been speaking.