047 - serenity

The air in the room was warm and silent. Yina laid encased in the large beds covers, sprawled helplessly across the mattress and her thoughts being just as disarranged. It was nearly impossible to sleep in the same room as a guy that could literally switch up at any moment. Wooyoung didn't seem to have a problem, though, Yina had noticed his soft snores from the air bed to her left a long while before.

She sat up, annoyance laced on her face. So much had happened recently, and she was unsure on what was her limit, or, if she had already reached it. Her restlessness wasn't just down to her thoughts, though, her throat had become dry and the fear of waking Wooyoung was the only thing stopping her from getting a glass of water from the kitchen.

Yina pondered, considering if she could make it to his bathroom to take a sip from the tap. He would understand, right? It's just water. Deciding that she would probably have to do much scarier things in her lifetime, she convinced herself to clamber out of bed and tiptoe towards his bathroom. To her luck, none of the floorboards underneath her creaked, and her trip to the bathroom was silent and quick. Once she had her fix, she exited through the previously closed bathroom door.

"What are you doing?" A voice asked as soon as she opened the door. Yina yelped, shocked by the sudden intrusion, and hesitantly peered upward at the culprit. Wooyoung was stood in the place of the door, sporting puffy lips and a bad case of bed head.

Yina let the fear subside. "I couldn't sleep," She admitted, looking away from his heavy stare.

He let out a short cough, his hand nervously finding its way to his neck. "Neither could I," He said, causing the girl in front of him to snort. "Fine. I was dreaming about you,"

Yina's heart skipped a beat, and she was uncertain if it was a good thing or a bad thing. "Stop doing that," Wooyoung's started, "you're hesitant around me and it makes me feel... dangerous,"

"Well, you are aren't you?" She said, remembering how quickly his personality could change. Her response made his jaw clench, and it didn't go unnoticed by Yina, who let out a gulp in response.

His whole demeanour changed. "You're definitely making me want to be," He said, standing up tall and looking down at Yina.

Now she was scared.

Well, she certainly should have been, but Yina's twisted mind somehow liked the sense of danger. It was thrilling. Her heart was pounding and her breaths were just as heavy. She straightened herself up and stared straight back at him. Not cowering in fear felt good for Yina.

He hummed, questioning her sudden change as if his own change didn't occur moments before. "I dare you," Yina egged him on, ignoring the feeling that her knees were about to give way. After all, Yina had no clue how far he would go.

His jaw ticked, accepting Yina's invitation. Wooyoung grabbed her wrist, taking her towards his messy king sized bed that she had just climbed out of and throwing her back into it. Despite his aggressive nature and intent, Yina noted that he was being unusually gentle and aware of what he was doing, and it was probably the only thing keeping her from being truly scared.

Yina now laid on the bed, stiff. She waited for Wooyoung's next move as he stood by her legs that were dangling off the bed, but it never came. "This is a whole new level of pathetic," he said after a while, causing Yina to sit up and look at him with a confused expression. "Now I really am mad. Don't let people treat you like shit," He admitted, shocking Yina.

"Go to sleep, Yina," He said, but it was definitely an order. Wooyoung picked up her legs and laid her on the bed properly before dismissing her and going to his own bed.