053 - pretty little Yina

The building in which she was kept was, to put it simply, breathtaking. Yina gaped at the walls which were framed with white, ornate skirting and beautiful carved patterns swirling across it. It was regal, from the expensive furniture to the old, yet fresh scent, every little detail screamed of the wealth that was passed down through generations.

Yina felt out of place, other to the people surrounding her, and she hated it. How long had she spent in that cell underneath all of...this? It certainly didn't look good on her. Rugged hair, black circles stained around her eyes, dirty clothes, all while standing opposite stuck-up rich men clad in suits.

Jongcheol, the only one she could name, grinned at her. "This is my family," He gestured with a long fingered hand. Yina almost buckled, her knees becoming weak at his introduction. His family are just idly watching as he trapped a young girl in his basement? "Apart from my mother, she is quite against the idea of having you in our house, should I put it nicely." The girl he held captive just stared at him, having no energy to show any sort of shock at what he was admitting. She was too tired to figure out why he had trapped her and then decide to introduce her to his family, but Yina knew how obscure it was.

He spent a few minutes naming his family, but Yina only managed to take in a few of the important details. Jongcheol's father was heir to whatever business they owned, his grandfather still sat at the top of the hierarchy even though he was nearing eighty years old. His uncle, who was blatantly envious of his brother, looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there, however he took every chance to look at Yina distastefully. She didn't blame him.

It wasn't much longer before the annoyingly charismatic man lead Yina to a lavish dining room, no longer surrounded by anyone. "Would you like to talk?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and taking a seat at one end of the table. Yina didn't reply, which answered his question for him. "Very well then," Jongcheol mumbled after a brief silence, his hands folding together as he sighed into them.

Yina took the silence as an opportunity to think. To think about how she could escape, and what could happen to her if she got caught doing so. She decided against attempting it for now, considering how many people there were on the estate. She could wait, hoping that they would come to find her, Seonghwa being the brains behind it and Jongho the brawn to carry it out. She didn't really want that, though, as much as she wanted to leave. Yina didn't want to cause them trouble, or worse, any harm.

Her eyebrows furrowed together and she peered back towards Jongcheol, who was staring back at her intently. "What do you want from them?" She questioned, but her voice came out so snappy and aggravated that she worried that she wouldn't get an answer in return.

"Them?" Jongcheol laughed, throwing his head back and reclining in his chair. "No, no, my dearest Yina, you've got it all wrong. This is more of a close-knit operation... a personal grudge, should I say."

She gulped, and it felt like it sent razor blades down her throat. "Who?" Yina dared to ask, but Jongcheol didn't seem like he cared whether she knew or not, showing how little she thought of her. Or, maybe it was already common knowledge, with Yina being the only one out of the loop.

He sent her a smirk. "Why, Yina, I meant my brother, of course."

Yina wasn't sure when she fell asleep, or how she got to be inside of a huge bedroom and under plum silk sheets. Her mind instantly created assumptions, did he drug her? It was crazy, but logical. Actually, considering he had kidnapped her, it wasn't crazy at all. Yina had almost forgotten what he had done to her because of the way he acted the previous day and she felt like an idiot for it.

Despite all of that, Yina felt so much better. Finally having a place to sleep was incredibly refreshing, and she hardly felt as though she had spent so long in a concrete cell. Before she could get out of bed, a knock sounded at the door. She stayed silent, hiding the bottom half of her face under the sheets, hoping that they'd go away.