052 - the aftermath

The warehouse was silent, it's nine inhabitants speechless and worried. Yeosang's face was white, save from the scarlet cuts and plum bruises that stained his features. Seonghwa almost left on his own to find Yina, but Hongjoong wouldn't let him. It was for the best. He knew it was for the best, of course he did, but he couldn't fight the urge to find her. To save her.

"I don't know why I have to be here," Sunhi scoffed, flipping her perfectly wavy hair over her shoulder.

Jongho looked up at her, rage set on his face. "No one wants you here, either, but you could say least try to be a little less insensitive," he spat, anger laced in his voice. Sunhi placed a sarcastic hand over her chest.

Mingi was sat at the back of the room next to San and Yunho. Tears brimmed his eyes. He was frustrated and tired, he wanted nothing more than to help, but his injury got in the way of that. He couldn't care less about his injury, but Hongjoong had his orders, and Mingi hated them. "When are we going to tell Jinyoung?"

"Later. Let's figure out what to do first," Hongjoong said, his fingers threading through his hair in frustration. He was desperate, desperate to get Yina back, desperate to not disappoint Jinyoung. Wooyoung groaned.

Yunho's head perked up, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "It's more important to tell Jinyoung. He can help," he said.

Hongjoong's foot collided with a chair, sending it across the room. "We can't-" he breathed. "We can't tell him. He'll kill us,"

Jongho shook his head, but it was true. They were meant to look after her. It was their only purpose. She would've been fine if they didn't let her go. Yina could be trapped, hurt, or worse. And that was on them. Jinyoung would kill them, or wouldn't stop trying to for the rest of his life, for hurting his sister.

Some of them would accept their fate. Yeosang blames himself, Seonghwa blames his incompetence, Mingi blames his helplessness, San blames his absence. They would accept it. They'd have to. They couldn't get forgiveness any other way. Those boys' expressions didn't change. They knew it was coming- they wanted it.

"Not before we find her," Jongho said as he clutched Hongjoong's shoulder. "We're going to find Yina and kill the bastards that took her,"

"Listen to you all," Sunhi laughed. "You really care about her that much? Since when did you turn soft?"

Wooyoung stood up and gripped her wrist. "You are nothing compared to Yina. Stop convincing yourself that you were ever better than her," Sunhi winced, but pulled her arm out of his grasp.

"Sorry mister bipolar," she murmured underneath her breath, but she didn't say anything else.

———

It was cold and damp. Empty. The room was dark, her surroundings barely visible through her blurring vision, but the concrete floor was more than obvious with her body atop of it. The freezing touch of it burnt her skin, and she couldn't bare it.

Yina groaned. Her body was too tired to move, but she tried to fight the feeling. She propped herself up by her elbows and crawled to the nearest wall to sit against it, her breath getting caught in her throat.

Once she had finally come to, her last memories flashed in her mind. The gang, Yeosang, that creepy man. Everything flashed through her mind so clearly that it was as if it had just happened, but of course, it was unclear how long it had actually been. She was struggling to think, to piece things together, despite the images being clear in her mind.

Yina just knew she was lucky that her arms and legs were no longer bound together with rope. The red marks from her kidnapping were still stained on her wrists, though, she could feel the burn it left behind. She shook her head in attempts to snap back and gain more sense, but it was no use. Her head was still ringing and harboured a painful pang. She must've hit her head.