040 - dark eyes

A few hours had passed, Yina hadn't left Yeosang's side, and quite frankly, she was sure she was being a nuisance but she couldn't bear to be alone. Everyone else was sat around the room with Mingi unconscious on the table in the middle of it, not being able to speak a word. Yina turned to the boy beside her, debating on asking the question that had been fighting to come out.

She coughed, gaining Yeosang's and a few others' attention. "Why did that happen to Mingi?"

Yeosang's face scrunched up, turning away from Yina. "I don't think you want to know,"

"Of course she does," Jongho chimed in from his chair across the room. He stood up and walked over to Yina before leaning down towards her, "after all, it's her fault,"

"My fault?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowing together in confusion. She was too concerned about Mingi to give in to any of Jonho's teasing, or even care, for that matter.

A sigh escaped Hongjoongs lips, making everyone turn to him. After threading his slender fingers through his silky hair, he pushed himself off the wall he was leaning against and folded his arms across his chest. "Go on, Yeosang, tell her. Seems you're eager enough,"

As if he was awaiting approval, Yeosang turned to me with a sad smile. "His house got broken into. He would have been fine if it was only a couple of guys, but there were at least twelve and we got there too late,"

"Continue," Hongjoong urged, a scowl on his face.

"We thought... they were looking for you," Yeosang admitted and Yina felt a pang in her chest. The people she had been warned about must've seen her going to Mingi's and assumed she lived there. "It isn't your fault," He reassured, his warm hand finding its way from her shoulder to her back.

"Yeosang is right," Yunho pointed out, making Jongho turn his attention to him. "If it's anyone's fault it's ours, we're the ones with the reputation. We're the reason they were looking for Yina in the first place,"

Seongwha sat next to Mingi, his face void of emotion, as usual. It was obvious he cared, though, it didn't take a genius to notice his slim hand which rested on top of Mingi's. They all cared, in their own way. San sat silently with hands clasped tightly together, his eyes black as he stared into space and Wooyoung was blocking all of the conversations out, his head in his arms. Yunho was pacing back and forth, worry evident on his face. Hongjoong looked pissed, his dark eyebrows knotted together and his lips pulled into a thin line. The boy next to Yina was trying his best to comfort her despite needing the comfort himself and Jongho was, well, Jongho. The accident had caused him to return to his normal self, his guard put back up around Yina.

The leader huffed. "The hell it's our fault! You know exactly who's it is,"

Hongjoong's sudden change in personality came as a shock to Yina, even after experiencing everyone else's drastic personality change before his.

This time it was Jongho's face that stiffened. "You're joking, right? He has done nothing but help us,"

"You call this help?" Hongjoong argued back, gesturing to everyone around them. "He just needed some goddamn babysitters,"

The sound of a chair scraping on the concrete floor broke everyone's attention and rendered them silent. San's long strides made it easy for him to appear in front of Yina in a matter of seconds, grabbing her wrist and pulling her away from Yeosang, a small yelp escaping her lips as he did so. No one protested as he took her out of the room, pinning her against the wall once they rounded the corner. Yina didn't say anything, she just let her short, hot breaths mingle with San's as his head hung low, close to Yina's. They heard the arguing continue in the room next to them, but Yina could only focus on how close San was.