054 - the lapdog

Jongho took a seat opposite Yina and his brother, his face stained scarlet with anger. He didn't know his brother was up to such things when kidnapping Yina, but he knew he was capable of it, and for that, he could only blame himself. The boy didn't know whether to show that he cared for Yina or not, one way it's a weakness and the other may provoke his brother to cause Yina harm to test how much Jongho would resist.

Either way it was a risk.

But he took one look at the girl who's face was puffy from crying and decided he couldn't pretend not to care. Jongho's eyes met his brothers. "What do you want?" He asked, jaw ticking.

"Oh, would you look at that, Yina? This monster cares about you," Jongcheol laughed, making Yina flinch at the loud noise.

"I asked what you wanted," Jongho snapped, standing up abruptly and knocking the chair over in the process. Jongcheol flinched sarcastically, a taunting smirk on his lips. Yina's heart ached for Jongho, he had to grow up with this man, whose hand in fact still gripped her wrist. To think she almost warmed up to him.

"Your loyalty," He paused, eyebrows raised. "I'll let you two go if you pledge your loyalty to me," Jongho scoffed at his words. "You're useful to my business, and you know how easy it was for me to get a hold of this one," Jongcheol gestured to Yina with a nod of his head, Jongho cursed at him.

"Don't fucking touch her," He spat, but his brother wouldn't budge. In fact, he reached his free hand to Yina's exposed thigh and she cringed away from the contact.

"You're disgusting," she said through clenched teeth, but Jongho was already around the table with his hand around his brothers neck. Jongcheol held his hands up in defence. Yina didn't hesitate to take advantage of her freedom and scurried to the other end of the room. Seeing Jongho like that was scary, but she was so happy to have him there.

"I have guards outside, they're ordered to kill Yina if anything happens to me," The monster croaked out, his face as scarlet as a ruby. Jongho's hand instantly dropped, his pleading eyes quickly flickered to Yina as if it was the last time he would ever see her. "I get to keep her if you refuse,"

"Fine. I'll be your loyal lapdog," Jongho groaned, Yina hated hearing the words. Silence befell the room, before his brother gave the word that the pair could leave. Heaps of guards barged into the room, grabbing the two of them and escorting them out of the manor, not saving any effort to be gentle.

As soon as they were outside and no longer escorted by huge men, Jongho pulled Yina into an embrace, his gentle hand caressing the back of her head. "I'm so, so sorry, Yina," He said, his words calming her rapid heartbeat. "You're safe now," but despite how much Jongho wanted to believe those words, they weren't true. Yina wasnt going to be safe while she was still with them, especially Jonho.

"It's not your fault," She said, her arms wrapping tightly around his torso, and his heart filled with warmth for a brief, short lived second. "Let's go home,"

———

Yina didn't speak to anyone when she returned, not because she didn't want to, but because they weren't there. Surprisingly, they were all out looking for her after Jongho took off, and then boy hadn't told them she was alright. Part of him wanted to keep her to himself for longer, but he knew it was selfish. Once they were back at his apartment and Yina was in bed, he sent the group a text.

JONGHO
i have Yina.

MINGI
shit is she okay????

JONGHO
shes a bit shaken

JONGHO
and i will not lie to you, she isnt okay

JONGHO
but we have her and thats all that matters now

SAN
where was she.

SAN
i swear to god im going to kill whoever had her

WOOYOUNG
is she at home???

WOOYOUNG
im coming back

Jongho stared at his phone and back to where Yina was laying awake in bed. "You cant tell anyone about my brother," He choked out after an awkward silence and Yina's brows furowed. "If they knew it was my brother and that he has me working for him now, they wont trust me. But I promise I wont agree to anything that could hurt you or them, because I... feel a lot for you, alright?"

She nodded, but she hated the idea of having to lie to everyone. They sat in silence for a while, and it was comfortable. Yina never would've expected being able to share a comfortable silence with Jongho, but there they were, just enjoying each others company. Jongho didn't stay in there long though, he decided he needed to blow off some steam and left just as Wooyoung got back. He wanted to see her, but Jongho told him Yina needed some time alone.

Yina wanted nothing more than to be with someone though, but last time she left her bedroom door she was kidnapped, so she decided to stay within the safety of her bedsheets, even if it meant she was alone, like she had been for days on end in a dark room. Even if now being alone meant reliving the whole experience again in her head like a long, broken record or a loop in time.

But, it seemed that her prayers were answered. Her bedroom door clicked open, and even though the approaching silhouette startled her, she was happy she wasn't alone. "Yina, it's me," The tall figure said, and the melody of Seonghwa's voice played blissfully in her ears.

She threw herself towards him, "Seonghwa," she breathed, her arms wrapping around his shoulders and his placing themselves safely around her waist. "I'm so happy to see you," It was dark, but Seonghwa could hear the relief in her voice, and it was enough. The door shut on its own behind them, and the two were engulfed in darkness, she pulled away to turn her lamp on but the boy stopped her. He used a free hand to trace her facial features, the ones he burned into his mind so that he'd never forget what she looked like. But her cheekbones poked out more than he remembered, and her face was less full.

"I am so sorry that happened to you," He said, anger boiling in his stomach and rising to his chest. "I'm so... frustrated, but I've missed you so much and you're all I care about," She was so beautiful, so very beautiful. He reached up to plant a kiss on her forehead and turned to leave, but Yina grabbed his wrist before he could make it to the door.

"Stay," she said, Seonhwa turned around to look at her, Yina's face became more visible the more his eyes adjusted to the darkness and he could see the pain on her features. "Please, dont leave me." He staggered, shocked at her request, but he didn't- couldn't- deny it.

"Okay," he agreed after a few seconds of silence. "I can stay on the floor?" He asked, setting his things down.

"No," She replied, a bit too fast, but she really didn't want to feel alone. "I need you next to me so I know you're there... I mean, if that's okay with you,"

Seonghwa cleared his throat in attempts to hide his embarrassment. "Of course, Yina." She smiled at him, though he could barely see it, before taking her previous position on the right side of the bed. It wasn't long before she felt the mattress dip and a warm body to the left of her.

"Thank you, Seonghwa," She mumbled, already falling asleep in his company.

"It's my pleasure," he replied, his strong hand finding her waist and his head buried in her hair. He hoped it was okay to hold her, but of course it was, for she had never felt so safe.