056- a letter

Yina had been stripped from her life.

She laid awake in bed, darkness engulfing her, entirely alone, thinking about what she could have had. School had finished, she had barely been. If none of this had happened, she would be attending universities, depending on which one she got accepted to. Either way, she would be doing something— she would be something. Someone.

Her life wasn't boring, to say the least, and she wasn't ungrateful for her friends or even being alive, but it wasn't what she had wanted. Wasn't what she had wished for as a child; dreamed about with her brother. Of course, he was alive, and that's all Yina cared about. But she just wanted to be normal again.

Jongho and Wooyoung had left the apartment in her care, trusting her not to leave. She was too scared to anyway. Yina had spent the day sulking, moping around, and maybe it was the after effects of doing nothing all day that she wanted to change things. Permanently.

All she needed to do was convince her brother or Hongjoong.

She picked up her phone.

YINA
i want to go to university

SAN
typing...

SAN
|

SAN
typing...

YUNHO
I think that's a good idea

SAN
absolutely not

YUNHO
it's a good opportunity

SAN
but she'll be with loads of people

YUNHO
exactly

YUNHO
Mingi you got into university, right?

MINGI
yeah i did

MINGI
Yonsei

YUNHO
you could go together

YUNHO
that way she has one of us there to make sure she's okay

HONGJOONG
ah..

HONGJOONG
I think it's a good idea too

SAN
what.

HONGJOONG
I'll have to speak to Jinyoung, but it could work

SEONGHWA
I shall be going too, then.

YINA
I applied to Yonsei..

YINA
I haven't been home to see my acceptance letters though

YINA
with my attendance I'm not sure I got in

YINA
it's a top university...

HONGJOONG
I'll have Mingi pick them up for you

HONGJOONG
Jinyoung said if you get in, you can go

YINA
no pressure

Mingi was at the apartment the next hour, holding a bunch of thick envelopes. Yina's heart sank in a fit of nervousness, and she was sure Mingi could sense her feelings as if they were pooling out of her in a cloud of thick purple smoke. He sent her a weary smile, shuffling through the letters until he found the correct one.

"This one is your reply from University," he paused, holding the envelope out to her before continuing to eye the remaining ones he held in his other hand. Yina took the University letter, "...And these were some others addressed to you. Probably useless," He continued, dismissing the others and putting them on the coffee table.