016 - Knight In Shining Armour

YINA
hey hey hey

WOOYOUNG
oh hi ^.^

YINA
I have a question for you

WOOYOUNG
Yeah?

YINA
well, how do you get
down from a climbing
frame without hurting
yourself?

WOOYOUNG
Uhm, down the slide?

YINA
...it's wet

WOOYOUNG
what about steps?

YINA
there aren't any

WOOYOUNG
WELL HOW TF ARE YOU
SUPPOSED TO GET UP THE
CLIMBING FRAME?

WOOYOUNG
ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO
CLIMB UP THE FUCKING
SLIDE?

WOOYOUNG
NO.

WOOYOUNG
THAT ISN'T RIGHT

WOOYOUNG
ITS AN ABOMINATION

YINA
TELL ME ABOUT IT

YINA
I mean- there is a little thing
where you can put your feet in
like a ladder

WOOYOUNG
then go down that?

YINA
Excuse me I'm scared of heights
how do you expect me to climb
down that?!

WOOYOUNG
... smh where are you?

YINA
THE ONLY PARK FOR
MILES WOOYOUNG, DO
YOU THINK IM ON A
FUCKING SPACESHIP?

WOOYOUNG
Jheez woman I'll be there in 5

YINA
Wait what?

YINA
Wooyoung?

YINA
...

YINA
ITS BEEN LONGER THAN
FIVE MINUTES WHERE
THE FUCK ARE YOU?
YOU DIDN'T FALL DID YOU?
OMG IF YOU FELL IMA FEEL
SO BAD PLEASE TELL ME YOU
DIDNT FALL

"Yina,"

YINA
D I D   Y O U   F A L L ?

"Yina-yah~"

YINA
STUPID CHILD ANSWER ME

"Yina!"

Yina jumped, almost falling on the slippery metal floor of the climbing frame. The rain made small pattering sounds on the roof and the rest of the deserted park, but the boy didn't speak again. She looked around and scanned the park before spotting the light brown haired boy at the bottom of the ladder. He smiled, shrugging his raincoat further on.

"To answer your question," he wiggled his phone at me before putting it back in his pocket, "Yes, yes I did fall,"

"Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself?" Yina asked, her voice in a panic. He looked puzzled but then directed his attention down to his knee, smiling weekly.

"No, just a little scratch," Wooyoung looked back up to her, placing his hand on his chest. "Lets get you down,"

Nodding, Yina walked over to the ladder. Wooyoung held his hands up while blinking the rain out of his eyes, Yina could be help but notice how beautiful he looked then. Wet hair, droplets of water twinkling on his skin and rolling down his cheeks. She took a deep breath before turning around and slowly placing her feet in the holes of the ladder. When she got low enough, Yina felt Wooyoung's hands on her waist, they were gentle and careful, but they were protective.

Almost as if he had a sudden burst of strength, he lifted her body from the ladder and placed her on the ground so she didn't have to climb down the remaining steps. Yina chuckled as she turned to face him, the blood rushing to her face as she did so.

"You're like a fireman," her words made a slight pink tint appear on his cheeks and he looked towards the ground, avoiding her eyes. "Thank you, Wooyoung,"

He finally looked back up at her, his eyes twinkling as they formed into half moons when he smiled. "It's a pleasure, Yina,"

They spent a couple of hours together, walking down the rain coated pavement that surrounded the park and the damp grass that swayed tranquilly as the slight breeze blew over the emerald field.

"Wooyoung, why don't we go to that cafe," Yina turned to him as she interrupted his speech about seashells. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion before his face lit up when he realised which one she meant.

"It's around the corner and it's still raining, good call, Yina," Wooyoung smiled and gently took her wrist, guiding her down the street.

When the pair arrived, Wooyoung held the door open for Yina in a gentlemanly manner. He bowed slightly as she walked past. "Thank you,"

"You're welcome, milady," He winked, making her chuckle.

"I thought you were a fireman, not a prince," She said, raising her eyebrows as he guided her to a table in the corner. Wooyoung's lips curled downwards into a pout as he sat down opposite her.

"I don't want to be either. Can't I just be your knight in shining armour?" He asked, leaning forward and resting his hand on his palm, which was being held up by his elbow that rested on the dark wooden table.

"You can be whatever you want, Wooyoung," She smiled, and he thought it was the most beautiful sight in the world.