039 - briefcase

Yina was known to be a very heavy sleeper. Her brother used to joke about how he could be speaking to her in an attempt to wake her up, but she would remain unbothered and asleep, which is why she slept through the manic shouting from the two boys from outside her -temporary- bedroom door.

"Shit!" One of them said, shoving his shoes on and hiding his hair underneath a cap. "This is bad," He continued, throwing a coat over his shoulders and grabbing quite a dangerous object from his roommate's hand.

The other just raised an eyebrow at him, wearing his infamous smirk as usual. "Wooyoung, I know you're worried but could you please calm down? You're giving me a headache, and we both know I perform a teeny bit worse when I'm not feeling... up to scratch,"

Wooyoung closed his eyes, nodding while taking a breath. "You know I can't control it... but I understand," He placed the weapon he held into his jeans and unlocked the apartment door. "By the way, I left a note for Yina-"

Jongho scowled, pushing Wooyoung out of the door before he could finish. "We have bigger problems at hand. Yina will be fine," He said before leaving the apartment after him and locking the door.

The apartment was then enveloped in an eerie silence for what seemed like eternity. It wasn't long before Yina woke up the next morning, finally breaking the silence.

After getting dressed, Yina left her bedroom and made her way to the kitchen for a glass of water. Before she could do so, however, she spotted a folded piece of paper on the countertop with her name written largely on the front. Her eyebrows furrowed when she picked the note up, unfolding it to reveal the message.

'Jongho and I popped out for a bit. Someone was hurt. Don't want you to worry - hopefully we'll be back before 9am

Wooyoung'

Yina's eyes wandered to the clock hanging on the wall.

11:48am.

Her heart sank. Who was hurt? Why aren't they back?

Has something really bad happened?

Yina rushed to her phone to see if anyone had messaged her. Her notifications were empty. With the lack of information she was given she wondered how Wooyoung expected her to not worry at the situation she was put in.

WOOYOUNG & JONGHO

YINA
where are you guys

YINA
is everything okay?
delivered • 11:50am

She put her trust in them and decided to calm down. Yina knew the guys were all calm and collected in serious situations and most likely find a worrying Yina an inconvenience.

In an attempt to calm down, she made herself breakfast and ate it while watching Avatar: The Last Airbender on the television, trying to relive her childhood.

A few episodes passed, Yina checked her phone.

YINA
is everything okay?
delivered • 1 hour ago

The nerves kicked back in.

Something wasn't right.

As if on queue, an unknown number called her phone.

"Hello?" She answered without hesitation, thinking it was one of the guys.