023 - game on

JONGHO
Yina

JONGHO
fucking YINA

JONGHO
Yinaaaaa >:(

JONGHO
Jesus Christ

YINA
huh

YINA
oh uh sorry I'm
completely out of it atm

JONGHO
no it's fine. I just
wanted to let you know
that I have an invitation
for you

YINA
Oo what for??

JONGHO
I'm doing some street
performance tonight with
some friends and I'd like
you to be there

JONGHO
Yknow moral support

YINA
damn Jongho I'd love to :)

JONGHO
great :) 8:30 outside the
KQ Entertainment building?

YINA
I weirdly live close, can I
bring a friend?

JONGHO
sure, the more the
merrier

JONGHO
can't wait :))

YINA
me neither <3

———

I huffed as I stared bluntly at my outfit. Of course I wanted to look the part, but I honestly was not feeling it. Reminding myself that I was doing it for Jongho, I shook off the feeling of uncertainty and rolled my shoulders in attempt to make myself feel more relaxed. It didn't help that I had invited Mingi, either.

The sleeves of my dark camouflage jacket were rolled up to my elbows, making up for the lack of warmth provided by my black spaghetti strapped cropped top. Thanks to Korea's warm late night air, I was able to wear black high waisted shorts with vans without getting a lot of the chills. I let my hair fall messily over my shoulders as I sighed at my desperate attempt to apply a peachy red lipstick without over-lining my lips — not in a good way, either.

Finally getting myself together, I rushed outside and began to walk over to call for Mingi before I was rudely interrupted by the guy himself. A lock of my hair was teasingly pulled from my left and I turned to face the culprit, deadpanning.

"Don't annoy me today," I groaned excessively, trying my best to hide my smirk at his surprised expression. "Onward!" I pointed towards the end of the dark street where a bus stop stood isolated and dimly lit by a occasionally flickering lamppost.

The brunette -which is a new look for my next door neighbour- beside me rolled his eyes at my dramatic action and speed-walked past me, practically leaving me, what you would call, eating his dust.

The bus ride was unbearable. It was empty, which made it easier for Mingi to annoy me yet it was more embarrassing because of the bus driver's capability of hearing us childishly bickering. Despite the awkward occurrence, it felt like it barely took five minutes to get to the planned destination. We clambered of the bus, giving the driver a cheery 'thank you' as we parted.

As we rounded the corner to the street where the KQ Entertainment building was located, it was easy to spot the already forming crowd. I quickened my pace to try and get a spot at the front but my short height made it difficult for me to pass people.

Well, that was before Mingi gently gripped my wrist and gracefully guided me through the path of people that was practically cleared for him. I didn't know wether it was because of his towering height or his astonishing good looks that drove the crowd to part for him, but either way I wasn't complaining.

I let my eyes drift around the clearing that was left for the performance and spotted a familiar face at the other side of the audience. I tried my best to pinpoint who it was that was staring at me from behind a mask that was covering their nose and mouth, but they were gone before I could.

The sudden sound of EXO's Monster snapped me out of my daze and my attention was back at the centre of the circle. About three guys were stood in the clearing that was empty the last time I had checked and I had to contain my laughter when I saw Jongho pulling strange faces at me from under his hood.

The performance began and the two guys (plus Jongho) danced perfectly in sync with each other and the music, the singing and rapping were also completely mesmerising. Especially Jongho.

Now I don't blame him for being big headed.

His persona was completely different when he was performing to the point where he was barely recognisable. The words that he sang into the microphone while dancing perfectly sounded angelic and I had to squeeze Mingi's arm to stop me from swooning so hard that I'd fall over.

He's amazing.

Disappointment flooded me when they ended their performance but it didn't come close the pride that consumed me when I again looked over at Jongho. Taking the last sip from his water bottle, he gestured for me to come over.

I didn't hesitate to excitedly jog over to the superstar-to-be. "Oh my god!" I exclaimed, leaving Jongho to smile at my reaction. "You were so good, it was-no- you were amazing,"

Jongho held out his arms for a hug and I obliged, wrapping my arms around his warm torso. "I'm glad you think so," He chuckled, resting his head on top of mine.

A thought popped into my mind.  "Jongho, this is Mingi. You know, from the group chat?"I gasped and pulled away, gesturing to the figure behind me.

The boy whom I was previously hugging smiled at my next door neighbour, holing his hand out for Mingi to shake. Hesitantly, Mingi took it with a smirk.

"Nice to meet the competition," He said, looking at Jongho with intense eyes, unmistakable cockiness lacing his voice.

The latter smirked back, his plump lips grinning lopsidedly at Mingi, his persona changing once again to make him unrecognisable. "Game on."

———

A/N
Hello again, it's been a while, no?

I've JUST finished my GCSE's and I've spent a long time preparing for them (which explains the absence). I'm sorry for leaving you guys hanging for so long, I'm hopefully going to be sticking with this over the summer.

Hope you all are having a nice 2019 so far, tell me what I'm missing out on :///