018 - ABC

After what San said to Yina, she sat at her window peering out into the street. Nothing really ran through her mind as she watched the cars roll by and instantly got frustrated. At the cars. For no reason.

YINA
WHY ARE CARS SO
COLOURFUL

YINA
LIKE WHY CANT WE
JUST LIVE AN ORDINARY
LIFE WHERE CARS ARE
ALL WHITE AND THE
ONLY COLOUR IS THE
OCCASIONAL RAINBOW

MINGI
here we go again

YINA
IM SERIOUS

MINGI
okay what upset you

YINA
Why are you assuming
that I'm upset?

YINA
me? Nah I'm gucci

YINA
Gucci don't get sad

MINGI
sigh

MINGI
a world without colour is like a canvas withoutpaint, utterly pointless
until someone strolls along with a paintbrush in one hand, and a pallet
full of all the colours in the rainbow
in their other hand

YINA
midnight black?
phthalo blue?
titanium white?
Bob Ross?

MINGI
no but I'm pretty sure
I know who would be the
one to paint it

YINA
yeah, bob ross?

MINGI
no omg

MINGI
I was thinking more along the lines
of the 21st letter of the alphabet

YINA
V?

YINA
Kim Taehyung?

MINGI
there's no hope here

MINGI
in other words

MINGI
Cheer up, we need you here

YINA
wait I've just noticed

YINA
you're actually
replying for once

YINA
...

YINA
AWH (*≧∀≦*)

MINGI
I have a secret...

YINA
you do?

MINGI
yeah, but it's a dark secret

MINGI
like really dark

YINA
we all have our secrets

YINA
most are the ones you
share with your friends

YINA
but everyone has that one secret

YINA
the one which they
can't tell anyone

MINGI
I know it's late but...

MINGI
meet me?

YINA
...sure

———

After getting changed into some black jeans and a hoodie, Yina shoved her converse on and snuck out of the front door. Mingi wasn't lying when he said it was late, Yina was staring out of her window for hours. Hours as in from five in the afternoon until one. 1AM.

Yina jogged into the forest while stuffing her hands into her pockets, desperately trying to keep them warm for that one second longer. The forest was scary at night. She was only able to see the faint outline of the trees that towered high into the midnight sky.

"Yina, oh my god stop running!" A deep voice sounded from behind her and she almost fell to the ground after tripping on a stick. "And stop tripping over, you know I'm not going to catch you,"

Yina sighed. "Oh shut up," I laughed, turning around to face a chest that was approximately five centimetres from her face. Gulping, Yina looked up.

Mingi was tall... and extremely gorgeous, especially with the moonlight shining down onto his face, it highlighted the appropriate features and enhanced them beautifully.

Mingi smirked while his somewhat wavy hair danced around slightly in the wind. "I saw you before you even went into the forest, neighbour."

"Yeah, well- neighbour?"

"Well that's false information," he chucked, bending down to be level with her face. "What I should say is... next door neighbour,"

Yina was speechless. All this time, he was living right next door to her. Next door!

"W-why are you so flirty in person?" Yina asked out of the blue. She expected him to blush slightly at the forward question but no faint pink tint appeared on his cheeks.

He laughed aloud. "That's just my personality,"

"Oh."

"Yeah..."

"So what you-"

"Should we-"

"You go first, sorry,"

"No, it's fine, you go,"

After a moment of awkward silence, Yina bursted out into a fit of laughter, which was soon joined by Mingi. "God, now I know why we haven't met until now!" she said between breaths, gripping her knees as she hunched over.

"Yina, you really are something," he said, his lips pulling into a smile. She peered up at his glistening eyes and Mingi stared into hers. "I like it when you smile, it's cute,"

Yina couldn't think of anything to say. Her heart stopped.

"Anyways," he broke yet another silence (one that wasn't so awkward this time) before continuing. "Thanks for cheering me up, let's walk home together?"

Yina nodded and enjoyed the small talk as they walked home. Although she seemed like she was paying attention to what they were saying, Yina couldn't help but let her mind cloud over with his words from earlier.

The pair reached Yina's house and he walked her to the bottom of her garden. "Look, that's my room," he pointed to the window that was opposite hers.

Yina scoffed. "This is so cliché. The one opposite is mine. Don't peek at me," her stern last words made him grin.

"I'll try not to,"

And with that, he sent her a wink and continued on to walk to his house.

It was only when Yina closed her front door that she remembered.

The 21st letter of the alphabet... it's U.