051 - taken

The cool morning air struck at Yina's bare arms like a harsh electricity, causing her hairs to stand on their ends and a icy buzz to travel up her spine. She was alone, for once, walking down a deserted street for some early morning exercise, which was unexpectedly allowed, thanks to Yina's excuse of doing it for 'training'. In reality, Yina wanted some time to herself that wasn't being alone in Wooyoung's and Jongho's apartment with only the television to keep her company; she would rather let her thoughts wonder and become clearer as she was surrounded by the streets of her home, reminiscing about the first time she met the boys.

Tranquillity did not seem to quite reach her, however, as she was interrupted by a familiar voice calling out her name. Yina held back what would've been a huge groan, but she mustered up her most convincing smile before she turned around to face the boy. "Yeosang, what a coincidence. It's so good to see you."

"Well, you could've fooled me with that smile," Yeosang grinned, running his fingers through his slightly sweaty hair. Yina noticed the small clouds of air that escaped his mouth as he breathed heavily, probably caused by what Yina was supposed to be doing; running. "Wooyoung told me you were going running, so I thought I'd come to look for you." Yina was pissed. Couldn't she get a minute alone?

Her eyes almost rolled, but in attempts not to be rude she fought the urge. "How nice of you," she admitted. Although she didn't really want him there for privacy reasons, it was still decent of him to want to go with her... unless it was just an excuse to keep an eye on her.

They walked in silence, enjoying each others company as they passed the houses on the streets, their lights off as they slept through the early hours of the morning. It was peaceful, before Yina noticed Yeosang's tense body and frantic movements. He seemed to be on edge, his head looking over his shoulder every two seconds and his fists balled.

Yina stopped in her tracks. "What's up, Yeosang?" She asked, causing his eyes to dart towards her. His jaw was clenched and his face stern, which happened to scare Yina a little. She had heard that Yeosang was experienced in fighting, but she never thought he had the personality for it. That wasn't the same Yeosang that was in front of her then.

Yeosang placed his hands on Yina's shoulders, causing her to become worried herself. "Listen, Yina," he whispered, his face close to hers. "We're being followed. The reason I'm here is because I know gang activity is high recently, and I was only planning to keep my distance behind you to keep you safe, but I saw someone tailing you,"

Yina's face dropped. She should have felt more anxious than she did, but Yina felt safe with him and instantly regretted being annoyed that he was with her. Despite the feeling of security she had in such a dangerous moment, she still began to pick up on things that seemed to be strange. Small noises that sounded as though they came from nowhere, the feeling of being watched, how quiet and eerie it was.

"Well... what the fuck are we supposed to do?" Yina whispered back, her tone frustrated. Her question caused Yeosang to ponder for maybe a second too long.

A large hand grabbed Yina's wrist forcefully, their fingers digging into her skin, probably staining her body with bruises. An almost inaudible curse escaped Yeosang's lips; as soon as they were separated, he was surrounded by a group of five hooded figures, each of their faces were dark and unreadable. The person that had a hold of Yina clasped their hand over her mouth, stifling the scream that escaped her lips.

The noise was small, but it made Yeosang shoot a distressed look her way, his eyes full of guilt as he blamed himself for not being able to look after her. Yina felt helpless, her hands were tied and she'd already caused Yeosang too much trouble.