Chapter 18

Austins POV

"I found him limping outside around the venue when I was getting dropped off by a taxi.", Aaron says, casting a worried glance towards Alan.

He's wrapped tight in a towel, and we're all casting worried glances at him, afraid that maybe he'll disappear or run away if we don't keep checking on him. He's looking at his hands that are laced tightly in his lap, not saying a word. His hair is still damp from the rain.

Thank god tonight's a hotel night. However, because of the heavy rain, and the size of the bus, the crew decided we should just wait it out instead of risking anything. We're all just sitting in the green room, waiting for an okay, and the venue closed like two hours ago.

"Are you going to tell us what happened?", Aaron asks.

Alan shakes his head, water falling and pooling on the leather cushion of the couch. I keep my mouth shut, too tired to argue with him. I'll get him to talk to me tomorrow, but tonight, I think we all need a rest, Alan and I especially.

The phone in my pocket vibrates, making me jump a little. I reach in and take it out, looking at the text flashing on the screen.

I sigh, "Looks like we're staying here. The rains not letting up. They called the owner and she said it was ok. Sooo, some of us will sleep on the bus, and some of us will sleep in here."

Alan stretches out, and lays down on the couch. I guess he's claimed his spot. I smile a little at how beautiful he looks right now, with pieces of hair in his face, wrapped in that towel. It's a little uncomfortable knowing that someone put that bruise on his face, but he still looks amazing.

"I guess I'm gonna stay here too.", I say.

I stand up, walking over towards where Alan is sitting. Before I even ask, he shifts over, letting me lay down next to him, and I do, wrapping my arms securely, but gently around his waist.

"Am I hurting you?" I whisper into his hear.

He shakes his head, and his hair runs against my lip. H snuggles into me, his face in the crook of my neck, kissing the skin there gently.

"We'll go on the bus, let you guys have your space.", Tino says, standing up and walking towards the door.

"Night.", I say to the boys as they walk out, turning off the lights.

I nudge Alan gently, and he presses against me harder.

"Alan."

"Mm.", he mutters.

"I know you're tired, I am too, but -"

"Austin, please. I don't want to talk about it."

"Why? Do you not trust me? You know you can-"

"No! I can't tell you everything! Not when the reason is you!", he shouts, sitting up.

I push myself up too, and we're lucky this couch is so big.

"So...you're crying...because of me? I'm sorry about yelling at you. I was frustrated, I shouldn't have taken it out on you. Alan, please forgive me."

He shakes his head, "No, no not that. It's just. This isn't YOUR fault, it's mine, but you're the reason why I'm crying."

I shake my head in confusion, "What?"

He sighs, looking away from me.

"Chris was here tonight. That's where I went."

I suddenly felt my chest grow tight, and my fists clench. His body goes rigid, and even in the dark, I can see him shake slightly.

"I-I'm sorry.", he stammers out, "I-I didn't k-know what t-to do, and yo-u were a-angry at me, and, and..."