Chapter 3

I strum the guitar, playing when you can't sleep at night, as it was the first sone that came into my head, and I was content. I had been away from this guitar way too long.

"That sounds great, Alan."

I jump, my elbow knocking into the cup that was on the table. It falls, breaking over the floor like when I dropped it at Chris' house.

"I'm so sorry.", I say, dropping onto my knees to pick up the broken pieces.

"Alan! Wow, it's fine, be careful.", he says, rushing over to me.

He reaches out and I coward back on reflex. I look up, and he looks so confused. He clears his throat, "Ugh, hand me the napki- Alan, your knees, they're bleeding."

I look down, and my blood was mixing in with the water that was all over the floor. Austin runs back into the room, I didn't even know he left.

"Here.",he says, handing me a towel and a bandage.

I reach out, but Austin grabs them before I can grab it.

"Your hands are shaking like crazy. C'mon Alan, let's just get you out of the room.", he says, pulling me up.

I wince slightly at the pain in my knees, but I follow him. He sits me down on the edge of the bath tub. Luckily, none of the pieces of glass stuck in my skin. Austin easily cleans, and bandages it.

"Alan,", he grabs my hand before I walk out of the bathroom, "what happened in the last two months?"