Part 14- Only Mine

Adalina's POV.

"Ammi jaan PLEASE I can't do this today!!" I was desperately begging my mother to not give me this responsibility.

My cousin just moved in the same city as us and he will be joining our school. He doesn't know anyone really well and to save him of any kind of embarrassment, ammi jaan is forcing me to stick with him.

Like WHY ME?!

"It wasn't a question, you will be with him without any exception" she declined for the hundred time.

The worst part of all this is that I cannot stay with this guy. Freaking Aryan.

I used to crush on him like a crazy fan girl when I was around 7 to 10 years old until I stopped seeing him. Ugh, I hate myself for that.

Because now that I think about it, I was a big fool. The slightest attention anybody gave me, I took it seriously.

And that's just embarrassing. I'm sure he still remembers all the dumb things I did and how foolish I looked.

Honestly, he was like my Shah Rukh Khan off tv. I can't believe I went crazy for him. Just thinking about it, makes me cringe so hard.

"Ammi..." I gave her the sad puppy look but she did not react any differently.

"You're late for school! Come on!" she hurried me to leave instead.

I sighed and gave up before putting my shoes on and leaving the house upset.

I took the bus to school and arrived there in about ten minutes.

I made my way towards the school but stopped when I suddenly received a notification on my phone. I checked and it was from Aslan.

I wasn't even able to read it when I felt a strong arm wrap around my shoulder. I turned my head to meet with the one and only, Aryan.

"Hey Adalina" he said smirking.

I pushed him away from me and then kept walking towards the school entrance.

"Don't follow me" I said as I felt him following me.

"Oh come on! I just arrived and you're going to ignore your best friend and cousin like that?" he asked in a playful way while I only rolled my eyes.

We both made it inside the school and now I was making my way to my locker. Once I arrived there, I stopped and turned to face him.

Why is he still here?

"What do you want?" I asked in a cold tone.

He gave me a big smile.

"Adalina, aren't you glad I'm back in so long? We get to be together" he said.

"Aryan, class is starting soon...how about you go to your locker and get ready?" I suggested him fake smiling and completely ignoring what he just said.

"fine, I'll go but we have the same classes so see you in class!" he said before leaving.

Thank god, he just left.

I got to math class after grabbing my stuff and there he was sitting near Ayla. They were laughing together. I rolled my eyes at that.

Good thing, she gets along with him. I took my seat and opened my book when they joined me.

"Hey girl, you didn't tell me your cousin was here" she said.

"I only knew this morning" I said.

"Is everything okay? You look upset" Ayla commented.

"I'm fine" I said.

"Oh come on! I know you're happy I'm here"Aryan pinched my cheeks in a sudden way.