Part 30- Glimpse Apart

Aslan's POV.

Please Adalina...wake up. Why isn't she waking up?

She has been unconscious for the past three hours and I'm loosing my shit here.

This is all my fault. I should've kept her near me.

"Sir, sorry to interrupt, we took care of everything" Athena came in the room.

After what happened, I had killed that bastard and took Adalina with me leaving my people take care of the rest.

It's not the first time that I've done such a thing however I can't help but feel bad and upset at myself. Maybe, because she saw everything.

I'm not sure why but the words she said to me before all of this happens, it keeps ringing in my mind.

I'm actually afraid. Afraid she might ever start hating me again. I see her heart as the softest and weakest. What if it's too much for her to handle?

What if she leaves me all alone again?

"Thank you...Athena?" I had to ask her something.

"The doctor said...she was put under high pressure so she fainted but...she should be awake by now...right?" I know I sound dumb.

But I swear to god, I can't help but be extremely worried right now. I got so scared of loosing her for a second. I thought it was all over.

"Boss, she will wake up...she won't leave you...at least not yet...she'd never do that to you" she said sounding sure.

"I hope so" I said.

"Not loosing hope, you taught me that" she said before leaving the room.

I know, I shouldn't be loosing hope. Mostly, not right now. But, for the first time in like forever I was scared.

Scared, that I failed to protect my one and only. I'm upset and mad at myself.

Just, wake up Adalina.

Wake up and look at me. Wake up and tell me that you're okay.

That he didn't touch you or did anything else to you. Tell me, you're not as mad with me as I am to myself.

Tell me that you love me. Wake up and hold my hand, hug me and kiss me.

I can't breathe properly without you. You're my life.

***

Adalina's POV.

I was slowly regaining conscious. I opened my eyes after a long sleep.

How did I sleep for this long?

Wait...how did I even?...oh.

I was slowly remembering what happened. He killed that man. It was Aslan who was holding the gun. I saw his face right before loosing it.

I don't know what to think or how to feel. I looked on my side and realized no one was in the room. I was in our room.

I sat up correctly. My throat is dry, feels like I haven't hydrated for a long time.

Where's my phone? Did Ayla get home safely?

The door opened in a sudden way and there he was. He was staring at me for a few seconds before running to me and hugging me tightly.

"God, I was so scared" he said his voice expressing relief.

I want it to hold him back but I was hesitating. Something felt wrong and without really wanting my body moved away from his hold.