Part 20- Unbelievable

Adalina's POV.

A month later...

"Adalina! Let's go we're leaving right now!" Ammi Jaan yelled from downstairs.

I was still in my room finishing to get ready. We're attending an engagement party today.

And you'll never guess who's getting married. My dear cousin, Aryan.

Yup, he finally found his girl. I'm actually quite happy for him.

Azaan left a few weeks ago, already back in Australia. Of course, I miss him like I always do. But I've learned to accept every reality.

I know that he will always try his best to come and meet his family. He tries his best all the time and that's enough already.

So, today I'm going to attend the party with ammi jaan and Abbu joining. There is surely going to be many aunties and uncles there. Multiple families and even people I've never seen before will all be there. You know how it is, brown people.

Even Ayla is joining. I mean she had to. Aryan and her were really good friends during high school. He got along perfectly well with her.

I was finishing my look by putting on my black high heels. I hope I'll be able to walk in them and bear the pain. Why is it so hard to just look good?

I was wearing a blue lenga that covered my arms and that was past my knees of length. The details on it was splendid. I really felt like I was a princess. I barely ever wear cultural clothes therefore this is really a rare occasion for me.

Once I was finally done, I made my way downstairs and got out of the house getting into the car where my parents were already waiting for me.

We arrived at the reception in about half an hour. I could already feel my anxiety going up as I saw the amount of cars parked and people that were making their way inside.

We made our way inside. I was trying to hide behind my parents because there's no way I'm trying to get any attention right now.

I was calling Ayla on my phone to know where she is.

My parents saw Aryan's parents and immediately ran towards them leaving me all alone. Damn it.

"Adalina!" I turned my head to the source of voice and saw Ayla at the food station.

Oh my Allah, this girl.

I joined her as she was eating gulab jamun.

"Where were you all this time? I've been here for about an hour and already" she said.

"Don't talk and eat at the same time, I was taking my time" I said before she chokes.

"Try some!" she suggested but I declined because I found it too sugary for me.

"Oh come on, you're not about to gain 3oo pounds just by having a bite!" she teased.

"Hold on, let me have a look at your dress" she said taking a step back while eying me up and down.

There was a moment of silent before she went "daaaaamn girl! you really looking like a whole snack!" she commented as I laughed.

"You look pretty good yourself !" I honestly said.

"Thanks, it's the dress your mom gave me three years ago" she reminded me.

"It fits you perfectly" I complimented.

"Thanks boo" she said smiling.

We stayed near the food station for a while when suddenly, Aryan came to us in his red and white suit.