Part 32- Beyond Us

Adalina's POV.

Ya Allah! I can't believe myself. I am literally about to loose my balance right now.

I walked a bit further away from the restaurant's entrance and sat down on the side cross walk area.

This is the first time ever that I spoke up this way to someone and in such a mean way. I feel bad already although I shouldn't really be since that girl started it.

"Adalina?" I heard someone call my name as I turned my head around to see...Fazal?

What is he doing here?

Right, he was also one of our classmates. But, only girls are present today.

"Fazal?" I said getting up to face him properly.

"What are you doing here?" we both asked at the same time.

" go first" he said.

"I was out to eat, you?" I asked him.

"I was just-"

"Well isn't that somebody's wife hanging out outside at this time?" someone exclaimed as I saw...Zahara?

She was making her way towards us with other people as well. I could tell some of them were from the gang. Is that...Aslan?!

There's no way...is this what I'm actually thinking?

"Out with the gang" Fazal added.

"I see" I said.

"Adalina? I've been calling you more than ten time...what are you doing here?" Aslan realized my presence and came to me as I took a sudden step back.

Yeah, I am mad and upset. Very bad timing I would say.

"hey...what's wrong?" he proceeded to ask as he could feel how uncomfortable I was.

Fazal moved away from us and stood with Zahara and the others that were here giving us space but it wasn't necessary because I didn't feel like talking to him. Not after what I just went through. I wouldn't want to say something wrong out of anger.

"Adalina...look at me" he asked as I wasn't making any eye contact with him.

My brain keeps telling me that he must've been out with friends although I called and texted him a thousand time. But, my heart is questioning me and asking me to calm down.

"Oh my lord! Girl what you did in there-" Ayla had just came out of the restaurant. I looked at her as she lost her words seeing who was around me.

"Oh-..." she came closer to me.

"what's going on?" she whispered in my ear.

I gulped in nervousness. I don't really know what to say. This is so unexpected.

"I brought back your purse...she is already calling her lawyer, biggest drama queen" Ayla broke the awkward silence.

"Adalina I'm talking to you" Aslan repeated his eyes not moving away from me.

"Oh come on girl, are you really going to ignore him after he has been mentioning you the whole time we were busy with work?" Zahara suddenly spoke.

She always has something to say, doesn't she?

"Oh please girl, you don't get to speak up in this matter mind your boring business" and just like always, Ayla put her back to her place.

"You-"

"that's enough, you guys leave" Aslan ordered them cutting her off.

"No it's fine, stay with them...we were leaving anyway" I said grabbing Ayla's hand and turning around to leave when he grabbed my other arm stopping me from going any further.