Part 31- Comfort Zone

Adalina's POV.

We just arrived at the mosque. I suggested to drive from our place to here and I just stopped the car in the parking lot and now I'm staring at him as he seems to have no emotions to show at all.

"Aslan?" I called his name.

"Why did you bring me here?" he suddenly asked.

"Because...it's my wish...I want us to pray together for once.." I said.

"I can't do that, you can go by yourself" he stated.

"Why are you saying that?" I asked him.

"You should've told me this is where you were planning on bringing me" he added.

"Aslan, what is wrong with you?" I asked getting upset at how he is reacting.

" this place has no space for people like me" he said.

"People like you?" I don't get it.

"You heard me right" he confirmed.

"What are you trying to say?" I'm confused.

"Do you really think a sinner like me is invited here? Absolutely not...I don't allow myself to bring shame to the religion-"

"Islam is full of sinners who repent. And you should know that Aslan. Why do you think this low of yourself?...do you really believe Allah will never even listen to you? have you ever begged for forgiveness? Have you ever talked to Allah? Or even just sat on prayer mat letting Allah read your broken heart? Have you ever?"  I asked him honestly.

He looked upset. But not at me, at himself.

"I can't pray...when I do...It constantly reminds me of my mother with whom I used to pray with sometimes...it's too hard for me" he said.

"You...used to pray with your mother?" I asked. I had no idea he used to pray.

"she was the only one I would listen to...no matter what she would say, I would agree to it. Praying with her brought me peace. But she was by my side back then" he said.

His mother was truly an angel. I can just tell by the way he talks about her.

" give me your hand" I said.

He wasn't willing to do so. He seemed a bit upset. I still took his hand in mine.

"You see this?...I am never letting go of you, you get that?" I asked him as he was staring into my soul.

"Let's go and pray together Aslan" I said once again.

It took him a few seconds before he slightly nodded and got out of the car. I did the same and made sure I kept holding onto his hand till we got in.

I really want him to be at peace. I hope he gets the peace that I get when I pray to Allah.

About fifteen minutes later, I got out and was waiting for him to come out. I was a bit nervous.

I was hoping he was doing good. Soon, he came out as I felt relief to see him.

"How was it?" I asked him.

"It was..." he grabbed my hand.

"Thank you Adalina"'he suddenly thanked me.