Part 25- A Chance

Adalina's POV.

"What do you mean?!" I asked her. I think I'm going to loose my mind.

But all she did was nod in a desperate way.

I looked at Aslan who looked confused. This is all because of his friend!

"Okay relax, nothing will happen against your will...where is he?" I asked her.

"Wait...he's talking with my parents right now..we can't make a scene or else my parents will start suspecting me" she whispered to me.

"Let me in" I said getting in.

I followed her to the living room where her parents and Miran were.

"Oh my lord, Adalina is that you my sweetheart?!" Ayla's mom reaction everytime she sees me.

She got up and hugged me just like a mother would. I hugged her back as well.

"I brought my husband as well" I told her.

She smiled brightly as she invited us both to sit with them in the living room. I sat down with Ayla and Aslan sat beside his friend.

"I'll bring some more tea for you guys" auntie said to me as I nodded.

Of course, the tea is a must.

"Glad to see you here Adalina" Ayla's dad said giving me a fatherly smile.

"I had to be here" I said smiling back.

My gaze moved to Miran. If only looks could kill. He would be dead.

How dare he come to Ayla's place although I clearly warned him to not mess with my best friend.

"So, this old friend of my daughter came today to ask for her hand in mariage" Ayla's dad proceeded to say.

"Yes that's right" Miran confirmed.

"As we were discussing it earlier, you seem to be a nice guy and if Ayla is okay with it then I'm also good with it but, I'd like to meet your parents first Miran" he said to him.

"Of course, I'll bring them as you allow me to" he said.

What should I do to put a stop to all of this?

"Uncle, I promise you that I'm not like those other guys. I didn't fall in love with her just by looking at her. In fact, it was her personality that made me fall. I know that gaining your respect and trust will take some time and I will stay patient. I promise." Miran said.

Okay now, why does he sound so genuine?

He's literally a MAFIA. And Ayla has no idea about that and the moment she gets to know about it...she'll hate me because I didn't warn her beforehand.

I can't loose my best friend. And mostly not over this.

I looked at her worried. I don't know what to tell you Ayla. I'm afraid.

"I like what you just said, I'm sure you'll make me proud" Ayla's dad said.

"I have something to say" I suddenly had the courage to speak up.

Everyone turned their attention to me.

"I don't think-"

"Oh shit! Right, we had an appointment remember? I'm sorry I think I'll have to take my wife away from here" Aslan cut me off out of the blue.

"Oh...that's unfortunate I was hoping you guys could stay more" Ayla's mother just arrived in the living room with a tray of snacks.

"What-"