Part 33- Miscommunication

Adalina's POV.

"I'll be right back Aryan" I told him before running after Aslan who had already left the cafeteria.

Why is he walking so fast? And why did he say such a thing?

I made my way all the way outside of the company finally finding Aslan who was outside.

Wait a minute...is he...SMOKING?!

Ya Allah! This cannot be happening right now.

I felt the anger in me rising. I ran to him and snatched the cigarette from him before throwing it on the ground. I looked at him with full disappointment.

"What the hell do you think you're doing right now?" I asked him. I've never spoken to him in this way before.

"I don't need to explain myself" he said.

"Aslan, what the hell is wrong with you?" I asked him.

"Why is that guy here and why are you eating with him? Doesn't he know you're a married woman and you belong to someone?" He asked sounding mad.

"That guy is my cousin okay? Do you hear me? My blood related cousin. Now explain me why you're ruining your health" I said.

"It doesn't change anything, he's still a guy" he replied instead.

"Are you kidding me right now? What is wrong with you? Do I question you when you're having two to three hours of talks with Zahara or any other girl? No I don't. Because I trust you. Because I know you won't do me wrong. But then why do you suspect me every time? And why are you smoking? Don't you know it's haram?" I said.

"Why are you turning this whole situation back on me? I should be the one mad at you and asking you questions" he said. Is he being for real?

"I'm sorry but what?" I asked in disbelief.

"You heard me damn right. You're a girl and I'm a guy there's a big difference- what if that guy had other intentions?" he asked me.

I literally just explained him that it's my blood related cousin. Why can't he understand that?

"What do you mean? What kind of other intentions will he ever have towards me?" I asked. I need him to tell me honestly what he thinks.

"You know what I mean Adalina." he simply said.

"I don't Aslan" I replied in full seriousness.

" maybe he wants you-" the next thing I did was regretted but not fully.

I slapped him across the face. What does he actually think of me? Does he think this low of me?

How could he suspect me or have any doubts towards me in this dirty way?

I never thought the same about him. How could he...?

I wanted to just run away and cry.

"Don't try to call me" I said before running back inside the company.

That's it. I don't want to see his face at all. At least, not for now.

I wiped my tears away although it was unbearable. I made my way to Aryan and lied to him that I needed to leave with Aslan. He kept asking me if I was okay and I would keep reassuring him that I was fine.

I was really not. It's the first time that I had a fight with him. And all that, over such stupid things. I'm so upset and mad. I felt like a huge weight was being pressed on my heart.

Aryan left right after, I went to grab my bag and then I went back out and got an Uber. All this time, I was looking around and trying to see if Aslan would appear and try to stop me. Or if he would apologize right away but he was nowhere to be seen.