Part 34- Perfect Match

Adalina's POV.

I was finally able to take off the stunning dress after taking a warm shower which was very much deserved and needed. It felt good to be back home.

I got changed into an oversized white hoodie and shorts. I brushed my wet hair not wanting to dry them, I left them open to air dry.

I got out of the bathroom and realized Aslan wasn't in the room. Where is this guy now?

I grabbed my phone that was on the bed and saw the time. It was near 7pm. I'm starving at the moment. I should probably cook something.

I got out of the room and made my way to the kitchen. I was mind blown by the sight in front of me. Aslan was cooking.

I stopped staring at him in awe.

"Oh- you're awake? Take a seat, breakfast will be ready in a few minutes" he said realizing my presence.

"You know...how to cook?" I asked.

"Not really but I managed, can you place this on the table for me please?" he asked.

"Uh yeah, sure" I agreed going to him.

I grabbed the plates from him and placed it on the table. I also landed him a hand with the rest of the food he prepared. Once all that was set, we both sat together.

There was an awkward silence as it has been quite a while since we had a meal together as well as the first time that it is prepared by him.

"Try it and let me know if it's good" he said.

I nodded and took a bite. Not bad.

"It's good" I said.

"Really? You don't have to force yourself if it's bad.." he said.

"It's really not that bad, I'm serious" I confirmed.

"I'm glad to hear that" he said in relief.

We kept eating in silence when he spoke up again.

"So, how were you wearing such a nice dress yesterday?" he asked me.

"Oh, Ayla's cousin has a shop online and she offered us to be a part of her photoshoot so that's why I had one of her dresses on" I explained.

"Mmh...I see"

"I was supposed to return it but someone had to scare me to death" I added.

"I was actually admitted to the hospital for one night because of food indigestion but then I decided to set you up for you to show up in front of me" he explained.

"Are you serious? How did you get sick like that? I wasn't around you for a few days and you just stopped taking care of yourself?" I am concerned and it hurts me to know that he was sick.

"Adalina.." he said my name as I gave him my full attention.

"I'm sorry I hurt you...I'm sorry for being careless and mean to you, it was never my intentions and I know I am fully in the wrong...I promised I'd take care of you and...I couldn't even do that..." he looked upset.

"Get up" I told him while I also got up.

He looked at me in confusion.

I got close to him and wrapped my arms around him tightly. He was taken back for a few seconds before he held me the same way.

"You did hurt me but I already forgave you, I forgot about it as well...and it's okay Aslan. We can't expect us to never fight or have misunderstandings...so it's really okay.." I reassured him.