Part 35- Kind Of Euphoria

Adalina's POV.

A whole night and now almost a whole day is about to pass by without knowing where he is, if he's safe or okay.

Today, it's the grand opening. I'm all ready to go. I was hoping he would arrive early in the morning however he still hasn't. I have my dress on matching with my hijab and heels. Im wearing a few bracelets as well as rings.

Now, I'm expecting him to at least show up at the party. I ordered a taxi and I am now on my way to the location.

"You might be delayed for a bit, the traffic is about to be heavy" the driver warned me.

"That's okay" I said. I couldn't care less. I'm really just going in hopes to see him.

Ten minutes later, we were finally out of the traffic.

"Ma'am, do you have someone else joining you?" the driver suddenly asked me.

"No...why are you asking me that?" I asked confused.

"The car behind us has been following us so I was wondering if it could be someone you know" he explained.

Someone is following me? Who would be following me?

I mean obviously they're is a bunch of employees, directors, managers and many more people that will be present at the event therefore, I am already running late. Am I overthinking this or...?

"Just keep going" I told the driver deciding not to worry too much about it.

"Yes ma'am" he replied.

Ten more minutes later, I had finally arrived at the party. The building in front of my eyes was huge and elegant. Before getting out of the car, I had to ask the driver something.

"Thank you for the ride...has the following car stopped behind us?" I asked.

"No, I lost track of it as I was keeping my attention to my driving" he said.

"Okay...thank you" this doesn't confirm that the car that was following me is gone.

It's okay, I trust Allah.

I got out of the taxi as he drove away and was now standing in front of the building. I was mesmerized by how tall it was.

Just as I was about to get in, a unknown voice stopped me in my tracks.

"Adalina" I turned around a bit afraid meeting with a complete stranger. 

"who...are you?" How does he even know my name in the first place?

This unknown man was wearing a black suit. His hair was perfectly styled in gel. Standing not too far away from me, I could see that he had a bronze tan, green eyes and a charming smile. He looked decent and good looking. But, he knows my name although I have never seen him before.

"Nice to meet you...I'm Daniel Ambrose" he presented himself.

"Do I know you?" I proceeded to ask.

"You don't but I do...shall we go in?" he proposed.

"no-...I can't trust you...how do you know me?" I asked right away.

"I promise I won't hurt you, I am just here to talk to you let's go in" he said walking forward leaving me behind with a ton of questions.

I shouldn't follow him because just like I said, I don't know him. However, I want to know how he knows my identity.

I followed him as we both entered the hall together. So many people were present, it was actually insane. All eyes turned towards us.

My anxiety was going up. At this moment, I'd need Aslan to take my hand and hold it tightly so that I don't fall out of pressure and stress.