Chapter 37: Nice To Meet You

Truth, despite all the abuse it is pushed through, will always find its way out of its torture and shine bright like a diamond. It can never be killed and forever lives as an immortal being.

Previously:

"I'm s-sorry, h-hyung. I-i'm sorry t-that I k-killed y-you."

» ⊱ ──── ┈┈┈ ──── ⊰ «

Chapter 37: Nice To Meet You

Sam's POV

Words and Actions. Both are competently competing weapons that can stab the heart equally painfully. Equally vicious. And equally stingingly. Of the many people that are victimized by these brutal weapons, I had officially become one.

But how could I understand his true feelings with this vast duality of his. Sweet words, cautiously caring actions, and the red and brown orbs melt my heart one day. Cruel words, spitefully cold actions, and brown orbs shatter my heart another day.

His actions didn't seem justifiable with a sole reasoning of me being a human. Lisa unnie herself is a human as well, yet they have a great friendship between each other. Such a good friendship, that they went as far as having crushes on each other. 

My eyes rolled on their own as my lips unknowingly forced themselves to pout. I didn't like it even a little. I knew I was being overly and irrationally possessive over someone who didn't even accept to be mine, yet it was the slight tinge of pain that bloomed through my chest pushing me to let unwanted thought creep towards my mind. 

In attempts of running away from the dark-side of my mind, I looked out the glass window of my bedroom only to find my heart mesmerized by the beauty living right past the confines of my room. The depths of darkness swallowed the evening sky for its own growth, reigning over the skies without mercy. Amongst the darkness was a silver moon, emitting the essence of his power and elegance accompanied with the mild dances of his people, the glittering stars.

He said doesn't want a mate. He didn't want me to expect anything from him. My mind stopped briefly. He said doesn't want a mate. The phrase kept repeating over and over in my head. He didn't hate me for it. It was having a mate that he hated. Then, would things have been better if we had met without the existence of the bond?

My eyebrows began their journey to collide against each other with the thoughts raining down upon my mind, but a mild interruption halted their slightest of motions. Well . . . it was something rather strong. A familiar smell of metal meddled with the air, rather too amusingly. It felt . . . good, almost nostalgic. It awoke something deep inside me. A deep and powerful desire that I had felt a very, very, very, long time ago. 

Giving up on my large train of thoughts, I eased myself towards the source of the alluring smell. Delicate footsteps turned into effortless strides as I breezed towards the main entrance of the pack house in seemingly no time. But the emerging portrait picture in front of me had become the quicksand of my hasty footwork.

My steps slowed to a stop and my lips parted with extreme dryness. My eyebrows reached for the skies with bare success. The ends of my small fingers and toes reached to replicate the temperatures of the Ice Age, yet my sweating palms and feet spoke otherwise. My mind ended numb.

"U-unnie? Y-you ar-" I couldn't finish the words I had tried so hard to get out of my heart, to lift the seizing feeling in my chest. But it was rather her who finished them for me, the only one who held the high grounds at the moment, with a simple smirk kissing her pretty lips.