Chapter 19: Mindlink

Just a remainder guys, anything in italics and in between quotation marks are conversations made through mindlink. (-Mystery Writer😊)

They were a weird couple. Both of them were obsessed with someone else. Someone they weren't destined to be with.

Previously:

"Please someone help me! I'm scared."

» ⊱ ──── ┈┈┈ ──── ⊰ « 

Chapter 19: Mindlink

Sam's POV

I finished off my breakfast with trembling hands. One we were done with breakfast, Sehun led me back to the room I woke up in. Once I had stepped in, Sehun swung the door close, locking me inside before my ears heard his footsteps walk away.

Taking careful steps to the far corner of the room, I crouched down and let my tears fall. I was scared. Scared to death. Sehun scares me so much. He acts so sweet one second and like a devil the next second. Almost like a psychopath. He is delusional. He is deranged.

He killed a servant because he spilled juice on my hand. He killed a person. And not just anyone, but instead an innocent one. The dead hollow eyes of the servant boy were still fresh in my mind. His stare and the blood oozing out from his mouth. His muffled whimpers. I remembered all of it crystal clearly.

Pulling my knees close to my body and hugging them, I sat there, staring at my reflection in the long mirror sitting across me under the dimly lighted-room. Seconds ticked before they turned to minutes, ultimately turning into hours, but fear still seemed to empower my heart. I wasn't quite sure how long I was crouched down in the corner of the room before a knock was heard coming from the door.

Thinking it was probably Sehun, I shrunk back more into the corner, trying to sink into the wall. The click of the door froze my attempts and leftly filled with fear. The room was utter stillness to the point that I was able to hear the faint creak of the door knob being twisted. But the door flung open, revealing a young lady, probably a little older than me.

"Hello, princess! I-Oh My God! Are you okay, princess?" Looking at my pitiful state, she seems to bewildered. With quick steps she pulled a cart I hadn't noticed, into the room after closing the door behind her. Once she was assured the door was closed, she ran to me and let her knees fall to the floor. But I moved away from her.

I was scared beyond my wits, and I couldn't afford another gory promise of the mentality of the people living under this roof.

"Please don't be scared of me, princess. I was the one who dressed you and did your hair this morning before you woke up. I will be the one taking care of you here." She bowed politely.

She was a pretty lady. Petite and tall. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail that reached a little lower than her shoulders. A crisp uniform covered her form. She spoke again with a small smile decorating her features.

"I am Jisoo, princess. Let me help you with your cheek," she said, pointing to the light bruise on my face. Nodding, I slowly go up. She signaled me to sit on the bed as she brought a small box from the cart she left near the bed.

She started by placing an ice pack on my cheek. Her face was close to mine as she gently dabbed the cold substance, allowling me a chance to observe her features. Her cute eyes and slightly chubby face with a hint of sharp features were quite prominent.

"Why is everyone calling me princess and treating me like one?" I said out of the blue.

"Alpha told us that you are a princess, and that both of you share an awful past. He said that was the reason you left him."