Chapter 16: Change

She was not delicate like glass. She was delicate like a grenade.

Previously:

"I am sorry, love," he stopped and leaned closer, if that is possible, and said, "I love you so damn much." That was all it took for my lips to tremble and for eyes welled with tears to let them stream down. My heart was exploding with joy. Joy from my long awaited need for love being fulfilled.

» ⊱ ──── ┈┈┈ ──── ⊰ «

Chapter 16: Change

Sam's POV

Reality and Imagination seem to collide in front of me. Was it a bleak dream, or a marvelous reality? My already stained cheeks were getting damp again. Slowly sitting up, I stared at his form on the bed.

He looked like a Greek god with the moonlight illuminating his skin and features. Following me, he sat up, facing me. The distance between the two of us lessened.

Tears still continued to stream down my face. Lifting up his hand, he wiped them dry. My eyes were fixed on his red ones. The deep crimson drew me into them. He interrupted the silence between us with an initial introduction.

"I'm Stephen, Jungkook's wolf." A light smile adorned my face.

"I-I'm Sam," I said timidly.

"Please don't cry, It breaks me to see you like this, love." I blinked my eyes a little, eventually processing his statement. My heart skipped a beat at that statement. It fluttered at the little designation he gave me.

"Sorry." That was all I was able to let out.

"Hey, don't be sorry. Just share your worries with me, okay? Don't keep it to yourself, okay?" I nodded my head.

"I will try." Both of his hands held my face close to his letting his eyes observe my features. I hope he doesn't notice the blush covering my cheeks.

"Did you have a nightmare?" He asked with concern laced in his tone. I didn't say anything. I simply just stared at him in a motionless state.

"I noticed you were sweating and whimpering in your sleep, a little earlier". I gradually nodded my head, lowering my gaze down to my lap.

"Do you want to talk about it? I will listen~" Deliberately looking up at him, I shook my head.

"It wasn't that bad, Don't worry about it." I said, throwing my genuine smile at him. His hands dropped from my face and he clasped them on his lap. Playfully narrowing his eyes at me and leaning a little forward, he spoke.

"Didn't I just tell you to share your worries with me, now?"

"I-uh . . . s-sorry."

"Do you know that you're quite formal? Is that with everyone or just me?" I stared at him dumbstruck, How did he change the entire mood of the conversation?

"People tell me that a lot. I guess I'm formal with everyone."

"I'm your mate, love. You can open up to me."

"Okay." I was a blushing mess. God, why is he so sweet?

"Okay now, you didn't tell me about your dream~" He leaned back on his forearms while tilting his head to the side, all while looking at me.

"I just heard voices of different people. They were both familiar and unfamiliar. I didn't quite understand what they were talking about, but it just scared me." I was peering at my hands in my lap.