Chapter 41: Letter

Questions lingered in his mind. He was in a dilemma of whether he really did feel his mate or if his utter deprivation led him to hallucinations. He wanted to believe he was close to her, but the human at the back of his mind asked him a single worthy question, was it all really real?

Previously:

A good and quiet silence of ten seconds passed. "Alright then, Mr. Park. I'm ready to step in. Let's leave tonight," said the girl as she leaned her head right and left to crack the bones in her neck. She smirked with excitement as her hooded eyes shined with exhilaration.

» ⊱ ──── ┈┈┈ ──── ⊰ «

Chapter 41: Letter

3rd Person POV

The earlier chaos of the day had settled down quite fastly after the small population under the roof decided to have their discussion and make a decision the next day after some rest and food. The vampire drew out of the cozy home with a promise to participate in the talk scheduled for the day after. The recipients of the house retreated into their respective rooms and let their beds hug them until their minds driften to their dreamlands. Darkness and silence evaded the entirety of the house, but amidst all of the harsh snoring echoing past the walls of the pack house, two pairs of eyes were blinking, wide open. Their mission was to leave the welcoming place, undetected and undisturbed.

Sam and Mr. Park, awaiting their journey back to the world of the humans, prepared for their short unplanned trip. Leaving behind all her belongings with the exception of a few, Sam didn't have much to even take up the entire bag full of space Mr. Park had given her for the journey. She came here without a fully packed suitcase, but she was leaving with files of newly developed memories. In her hand, she had a couple of items, her sketchbook, drawing utensils, her wolf pendant, and . . . his hoodie. It was enough for her. Nothing too much and too unnecessary.

The two communicated through their mindlink and landed at a single conclusion, to leave then, during the early hours of the budding day. The clock ticked away without delay, and although the sun was beginning to wake up, the rest of the house members were deeply drowned in their own slumber past their usual hours due to the earlier events of the night. Sure of this fact, Mr. Park and Sam sneak out into the hallway of bedrooms swiftly. They were careful enough to avoid the tiniest creaking of the wooden floorboards from squeaking as they took progressive steps.

But before they left, Sam had assigned herself a simple task to complete. Stopping right in front of a dark wooden door across her former bedroom, she flipped open the dark cardstock cover of her drawing pad. There resided a crisply folded tinted sheet holding silent words she wanted to pass to her dear mate. She clasped the fragile item between her delicate fingers, lowered her body towards the little opening beneath the closed door and pushed it right through the gap hanging underneath the locked door.

Content with the execution of her task, she made her way towards the waiting old man a few feet away from her. Giving him a mischievous grin with gleaming eyes, she walked past him and left the premises of the house to return to her new one in the human realm. The one he would soon enough be on the search for.

» ⊱ ──── ┈┈┈ ──── ⊰ «

The silent house remained silent until the clock had almost struck three past mid day. All of the boys were exhausted enough to fall asleep with heavy snoring past the repeated attempts of the bright sun to shake them awake. Not a single soul roamed around the corridors of the home during the unattended hours. The one girl under the roof was in her room with her obsidian eyes lingering on the thin translucent rays of brightness gnawing at the floor after stumbling out of the curtained window. Her pale white fingers grazed over the new scar painting the back of her palm while her body rested on the tenderness of her mattress.