Chapter 23: One down

"If I have to die to save him, then so be it."

Previously:

"Hey! Are you okay?" An unknown voice from the cell next to hers was heard. Its femininity gave off the gender of its owner.

» ⊱ ──── ┈┈┈ ──── ⊰ «

Chapter 23: One down

Sehun's POV

"Alpha! Alpha!" The wonderful peace in the room was completely ruined by the exclaiming intrusion. Pushing my chin higher away from the documents scattered on my desk, I stared at the man in front of me, dressed in a complete black attire, decorated with a couple of wounds peeking out of the several ripped portions of the cloth.

My eyebrow rose up and clung onto my forehead instinctively questioning the actions of the man. He waited until his abnormal breathing steadied marginally. His green eyes waivered around without the courage to look me in the eye.  What a lowlife

"Alpha! They burned down the Eastward Hideout closest to them.  They attacked us a little while ago. I was the only one who managed to escape, Alpha. Eve-"

The last bit of patience I managed to save, went down the drain with such ease that it was very questionable if I even had a generous amount of patience to start with. 

"What do you mean they burned down the hideout?!! Didn't I tell you to kill him?!!" My raged mind continued to emit its shadow throughout the room as the weak werewolf shivered under my gaze. 

"W-we were g-going t-" He stuttered, but quickly went mute with the interference of my words.

"SHUT IT! I DON'T CARE!" My body left the comfortable chair I was seated as my palms harshly slammed against the wooden desk I stood in front of. The chair was long gone and lost in the room with the forceful push I had given it.

"You know, since you fulfilled your purpose of surviving the attack, I think you should go to your deceased friends, don't you think?" With that statement, I stepped away from the desk and settled my eyes on the man. His fear was evident through the scent he let out.

 Promptly, he stumbled back trying to step out of the room while retracing his old steps. But wasn't he quite the turtle? He turned to push his body out of my office,  however, one swift motion of my hand pointing the only door in the room, was enough to swing the door shut, right in his face. Even while standing a good few meters away from the door, I saw his fear clearly.

His face turned to look at me, surprised with my doing. "A-alpha? H-how . . .?" He couldn't  tie a name tag around my deeds. A small grin peeked through in my face before it fully decided to show up and expose my psychotic mind.

Sticking both of my hands out in front of me while observing them, I spoke in a calm manner. "Oh, this! You know, when I want the most powerful Alpha to die and have his helpless mate in my hands, this is a necessity. Did you know that black magic is hard to acquire? I had to work my butt off for it. And look at me now. I 'm quite proud of it." I tilted my head up in anticipation of his default fear.

I turned around and swung my hands, directing the widow a little far from me. The closed doors of the windows blew open with a heavy bang, exposing the bright full moon. A glance at the ethereal beauty left me howling into the night. But we mustn't leave any work halfway, right?

» ⊱ ──── ┈┈┈ ──── ⊰ «

Taehyung POV