Chapter 30: Emerald Eyes

"Red is the color of love they say. Red is the color of passion they say. But why do I feel that it's truly ominous to meet you drenched in that very red?"

Previously:

As if on cue, I felt a deep desire unearth in my heart. It was a criminalistic desire. A desire to see blood. A desire to paint my hands in blood. A desire to kill.

» ⊱ ──── ┈┈┈ ──── ⊰ «

Chapter 30: Emerald Eyes

Sam's POV

The sinister-like whisper bounced off of the walls with an awe striking amount of gradience and became louder with a steady pace. It was still muffled without any expression of words drowned in clarity for me to grasp its meaning. With a synchronized start alongside the whispering, a voice went off in the back of my mind. It wasn't my inner voice. Nor was it that weird familiar yet unfamiliar voice I heard when I met Jungkook. Whatever this was, I wasn't liking it.

It was creepy. It was blood curdling. Its cry allowed a chill to lick down my spine and gifted my skin with the etching of soft bumps. The tiny hair follicles budding from my skin, stood straight on their edges with fear surging through them. The tips of my small fingers and toes lost their temperature and dropped to levels they hadn't touched before.

Life has been really unfair for you, my dear. It never let you live in peace. It didn't give you a loving family. And now, it didn't give you your worthy mate. Your mate never wanted you. He never accepted you. He never did and he never will. He hurt your precious heart, dear. You've been wronged. He doesn't deserve you. All he deserves is death. Death for breaking this priceless heart of your. He is killing you internally. So you have the right to kill him. You have the right to kill him with your own hands.

I strained my back muscles and sat up from my comfortable posture in the bed I was tucked into. The warm comforter partially pooled at my stomach while the rest of it was crushed on either sides of my hips. My own soft bangs brimmed over my forehead and distorted my vision. My eyes? They were widely parted as my brain dared and pulled the strings to control my body like a dangling puppet in the hands of its master.

Cognitively, I screamed at the manipulative voice. No! NO! HE HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG! AND WILL NOT KILL HIM! He just needs time before he accepts me! That's it. My brain put all of its efforts together to settle the argument with the scary voice in my head but didn't let my body lose to fall back into its normal functioning state. I just sat limply on the cushioning surface while putting forth my argument.

For a moment, I thought everything was back to normal when I didn't hear the voice respond to my outburst. The weird whispering in the room accompanied with its companion, the eerie hunch, that swelled through the bedroom was completely seized of its existence. It felt like the world paused without any prior notification if it weren't for Jungkook's light airy snore. Just quiet. Just still.

You know he's done you wrong, dear. You know how hard he has pushed you away from himself and hurt you. He hasn't given you the chance to let you know himself. He hasn't taken the chance to know you. He isn't the man for you. What right does he have to live if he can't even take care of your valuable heart you set in his hands? He doesn't deserve to live after everything he has done to you, my dear. 

The voice in my mind was back, alone this time. No sidekick bouncing off of the walls of the room. But it was robust and much more defiant. It was much more dominant and clear. It was much more commanding and controlling.

Don't you remember the times when he frowned at you and maintained the terrible silence without uttering a mere word? Don't you remember the time when he asked you to keep you bond a secret, because he was ashamed of having a human mate? Don't you remember the time when he was closer to Lisa and ignored your presence? Don't you remember the time when he kissed you and pushed you away, only to wipe his lips clean of the presence of your lips?