Chapter 12: Who am I?

Pain teaches everyone a new lesson: Some to attempt again, some to change and to some people, to avoid. He learned to avoid.

Previously:

"I don't want her to have any expectations on me, hyung. I need to make things clear, before we start."

» ⊱ ──── ┈┈┈ ──── ⊰ «

Chapter 12: Who am I?

Sam's POV

Wow! I never thought they could be so chaotic. They were literally acting like little kids. BTS, for being a boy band with well grown men, they seem quite hilarious to watch.

Flashback

The discussion left me with a shattered heart. I couldn't think very properly. Everything seemed fuzzy to me.

"Hey Sam, don't mind him. He's maybe just not ready to accept a mate right now. He's been through hard times, alone. You know how that changes a person, right? So he doesn't trust and open up to anyone that easily. It is going to take some time to break the ice with him." Jimin oppa was worried about me. He was trying to explain Jungkook's actions.

I hadn't let out a single word since the discussion. Once my mate said the words that broke my heart, I calmly walked outside and sat down on the floor leaning my back on the couch behind me. There were no emotions to paint my face. To be exact, I didn't know how to react. Happy? Sad? Mad?

I did understand his situation. The entire werewolf thing . . . It was pretty overwhelming. No matter the excitement, it was very nerve wreaking. It was too much to take in at once. Finding out that there are other types of mythical beings than us humans, is amazing as well as worrisome.

The initial week here, after I met my mate, I almost drew on 15 entire pages of my drawing book, for the entire situation to sink into my head and the stress to leave my mind. Was I excited? Yes. Was I happy to find out I have a mate? I think so. Is he happy? I doubt it.

"He is a really nice guy. I know his words hurt you a lot but just give him some time, okay? He is just burdened with his current confused emotions." I tilted my head to face him. Jimin oppa was sitting on the couch, I was leaning on. His elbows were on his knees as he rubbed his face with this palm due to frustration with Junkook's behavior. Forcing out a small convincing smile, I gently nodded my head. I think that he is convinced that I am okay.

Pulling away his hands, he stared down at me. "Thanks, Sam." My hands wrapped around my knees, and I pulled them close to my body, hugging my knees tighter. I should give him some time. It is probably hard for him too, right?

I knew who he was. I knew who BTS were. I even knew a little bit about each of the 7 members. But looking from his perspective, he doesn't know anything about me. He probably didn't even know of my existence before he met me. It wasn't his fault that he reacted in such a way. If I were in his place, I wouldn't be able to trust a random stranger.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

My head swung to look at the door. Then back at Jimin oppa.

"Yah, Jimin-ah! Are your inside? Open the door." I stared at Jimin oppa. With a face that seems to say 'get ready for the chaos' he walked towards the door, unlocking it. His face showed the light annoyance he was feeling. The door burst open and there was a stampede.

"JUNGKOOKIE! JUNGKOOK! Where are you?" A tall man with broad shoulders barged into the living room screaming on top of his lungs.

"How have you been, Chim?" One of the guys asked Jimin oppa. The guys held a broken pair of sunglasses in his hand. "Do you perhaps have glue around here? I broke my sunglasses while putting them on," he said while scratching his nape.