Chapter 44: Wrong or Hurt?

Power comes with a responsibility, one that put her life in danger, one that put his life in danger. It was the responsibility to do good, even if it meant death.

Previously:

Jimin, who had been standing by the edge of the floor near the stairs, wanted to give the two their time before he intervened. His heart ached seeing his close friends in such broken states. But the collision had already occurred for the night with nothing more to do. In front of his eyes he saw Jungkook crumble by the doorstep of Sam's house, simply asking her to open the door. But fate had their life planned, and he had to let it take its course.

» ⊱ ──── ┈┈┈ ──── ⊰ «

Chapter 44: Wrong or Hurt?

3rd Person POV

Day after day, the mate bond had become a steady nightmare for Jungkook. The pain wasn't the bond though, it was his calm and conscious mind. His thoughts were loud and crystal clear. But his heart was muddled in messy pain. His head was empty enough to process the sensory input into his body from his surrounding environment. But his chest felt tight and constricted, almost as if he was holding in a whimper that would draw him out into a sobbing mess.

It had been well over a month and a half, more than enough time for the conflicted man to set his emotions straight and concise. Several emotions in fact, forced himself to agree with his heart and his wolf. His feelings enforced a peace treaty between his past and his present, an outcome he had dreaded since forever.

The late evening of the fine day decorated the sky with the golden glowing rays of the setting sun. The warm paints seemed scattered around the vicinity of the city, leaving it quite mesmerizing to its audience. Under the warmth of the heavens, Jungkook sat in his balcony. A pale sheet of lined paper sat fluttering due to the wind on the mini glass table in front of the said man. An expensive pen weighed down the shivers of the paper, almost as if it were accompanying Jungkook in his deep thoughts and unfazed movement. On it were scribbled sentences, scratched off words, and broken beats in messy and hasty writing.

Every day, every moment

If I knew this was gonna happen

I would have remembered more of them

When will it be?

If I see you again

I will look into your eyes

And say, "I missed you"

These were the lyrics of the song he wanted to name 'Still with you'. Lost in his own world in search of poetic words to add onto the lyrics of his new song, Jungkook stared off, oblivious of the emergence of his hyung's presence. Yoongi, otherwise known as Suga with the obvious 'hyung' attached to it, stepped out into the calming balcony with simple and pure intentions.

The pale man scanned his younger friend's face despite his habit of doing it every time his gaze came into contact with Jungkook's figure. Dark halo's rimmed Jungkook's eyes, as his frame seemed visibly thinner. He was definitely more muscular than before but also slimmer than before. His face was chiseled with touches of perfection, and his skin painted paler. It conveyed signs of shortage of sleep, lack of a healthy diet, and mostly of all exhaustion.

 "Jungkook, go eat something." Hoping that those four simple words of underlying care would be enough to convince the younger male to eat, Suga spoke softly.

"I'm not hungry, hyung," muttered Jungkook. His stare was still set off into the delicate clouds and artistic sky, not bothering to turn towards Suga during his response.