9 - A Party

Bruce decided to throw a party that evening, and even with such little notice an A list guest list was confirmed and a top notch party ready to go. He even let Clark invite Lois! 

     Bruce seemed an odd mix of slightly emberrassed and a little miffed whenever Clark caught him thinking. And Clark was thoroughly embarrassed for what he let Batman do. They both tried their best not to think about it though. 

. . .

    The party was splendid, the Commisioner dropped by and the Mayor was there and a dozen celebrities milled amongst trust fund babies and models. Lois decided to get a scoop, as Clark expected and cornered him as soon as she got there. 

    Her red lipstick matched her lovely evening gown. If he was interested in Lois, he'd have probably been awestruck by her simple elegance and beauty. Instead he settled for a clumsy compliment and she straightened his tie, "So did you two do anything yet?" She grinned. 

    Clark flushed red and shook his head, "No, well yes? But not that thing." She smiled even wider and elbowed him in the ribs as they whispered and walked. "You better get it Clark! Don't cock tease the most eligible bachelor in the world!" He gave her a dissaproving look and she raised her hands. "Hey I was joking! But it might do you some good to have some fun, like I told you to."  Clark was trying to think of a witty response about how he had plenty of fun with Bruce when she shoved her pen and notepad into his hands and strode over to Bruce!

    "If it isn't the famous Bruce Wayne! Tell me, how have you been treating our little Clarkie here?" Clark sputtered indignantly and Bruce laughed. He took Lois's hand and kissed it. "You must be Lois, Clarks told me all about you." Lois looked at Clark, "I hope it was nice things he told you." They all shared a chuckle and Bruce summoned Alfred over with a tray of champagne. They each took a glass and Bruce wrapped his arm around Clark, cupping his ass with his free hand. "I've been treating him good, I hope?" He turns to Clark and Clark nods, face red. Lois's eyes dart between Bruce's arm behind Clark and Clark's red face and she snorts. "Get a room you two." 

    Bruce raises an eyebrow, "I have a room. This one is mine. The whole manor is. So technically I could just enjoy some carnal pleasure with Clark,here." He purrs out the last word as he nuzzles into the space under Clarks jaw and kisses it. Clarks hand clenches so hard around his champagne flute, he breaks the stem. 

    Bruce grins and distracts Lois while Clark discards the broken glass safely. When he returns they've gone seperate ways, with Lois hounding some politician who just arrived. And Bruce is gone. Clark deflates a little and snags another glass of champagne, he drinks it a little fast and walks out. Soon enough he's flying out of the manor in his super suit. 

    . . .

   In the middle of the intersection nearest the bank, Batman struggles against the ice Mr. Freeze has encased him with. He's making some dumb speech when Superman lands and punches him in the face. When he turns around Batman is free. He grappling hooks a streetlight above Mr. Freeze and swings past Superman to kick him. The villain surrenders, no match for Superman and not up for the task of trying to escape the man of steel and Batman.

   After delivering him to Arkham, Batman grabs Superman and yanks him into an alley. "What do you think you're doing? This is my city, don't interfere again." Superman, irritated with Bruce vanishing and being lectured for helping, crashes his lips against Batman's. 

    The kiss is intense and angry and HOT. Not a loving kiss, a teeth clacking together as they grab and pull each other closer kiss. Their furious making out stops when Batman pulls back to breathe. He's pinned up against the wall with his legs around Supermans waist. He looks at Superman, an array of emotions flooding his masked face. Panting, he jumps down and shoves him away. Then sprints off into the dark. Superman sinks down against the wall opposite the one he had pinned Batman to. And puts his head in his hands. 

    He barely knew this man, was currently having something going on with another guy and still threw himself at him. This wasn't like him. At all. 

     After 20 minutes of thinking and some well deserved self loathing, he flew back and knew what he had to do.