18 - An Affair

Bruce, and Damian, both picked up on Dick avoiding getting too close to Jason. It was small things that they didn't bother to really pay attention to. The way he twisted to void touching Jason while holding Damian back. He didn't look at or talk to Jason as much as he used to. Then again it had been ages since those two had been in the same room. Maybe they'd just had a fight. They filed it away and promptly forgot about it as they ate dinner. 

    Alfred served up a delicious meal. Shrimp scampi with a side of asparagus. Simple, but delicious, and something all the boys loved. Tim and Dick teased pretty much everyone, but in their own ways they all enjoyed the evening. A very boring, typical family meal- with a little vigilantism discussed. 

     They all decided that everyone should stay over. And after one of Alfred's awesome breakfasts they'd all disperse. So after their dinner conversation ran dry, they all went their separate ways. Damian vanished to his room. Tim ran off to the Batcave, not ready for bed. And Clark carried Bruce up to the roof for some star gazing. 

    Dick tried to sneak off to his room, taking a long out of the way route from the kitchen to the bedroom wing. But halfway there, in an empty wing where Dick could swear he'd found a secret tunnel to the bedroom wing when he was still a little Robin, Jason cornered him. "Hey Dick." He purrs. Dick turns and Jason grabs him by his collar, pulling him back. His back is pressed against Jason's front. "Oh come on little birdie. Don't you miss-" 

   "No. I'm engaged." He pulls away and Jason turns him towards him. They're standing close, Jason's face inches from Dick's. He's sweating, anxious being this close to Jason. "What about Roy?" Jason laughs, cupping Dicks cheek in one hand. "We have this open relationship thing. It's great. Wanna try it?" Dick tears himself away from Jason and storms off. 

    Jason wanders the halls, eventually down to the gymnastics gym in the Batcave. As expected, Dick. His chest is heaving and hair soaked with sweat. He perches on top of the equipment. "How many sets did you do?" Jason calls out. Dick looks away after glancing to see who the voice belonged to. "23." Dick drops to the floor and tries to leave. Jason puts his hand on Dicks shoulder. "I'm sorry about earlier, can we just talk about all this between us?" Dick stops, sighing he nods. They walk to the locker room. Jason sits on a bench as Dick rummages through the spare clothes he left in his locker. 

   "Do you remember how the whole thing between us started Dick?" Jason asks, staring off into space. Dick closes the locker and sinks down onto the bench. "Yeah. Right after you came back from the dead and waged a whole war against Bruce." He chuckles. "You were so bad, not the goofy kid whose funeral I attended. The streak in your hair, the leather jacket, that attitude. I'd never craved someone so bad, and bad for me, since I was little and got my first glimpse of Poison Ivy." He looks down at the T-shirt he's twisting in his hands. 

   Jason picks up the story. "I came over after I got into  fight with the buddy I was crashing with. Planning on sleeping in an empty room and ducking out before I had to see any of you. And  then there you were. When I died, you were scrawny. A teenager. But we'd both grown up so much since then. I barely recognized you. You were suddenly a man, and so goddamn beautiful. Your Nightwing suit clung to your body, and something about you made my heart race. It wasn't like Poison Ivy's pheromones, I felt something inside me I thought had died when the Joker killed me."

   Dick's face is flushed, eyes fixed on Jason, "We froze, staring across the cave at each other. I didn't know what to say, couldn't even speak if I wanted to. You weren't little Robin anymore. You had fiery eyes, and I felt like I was burning under your gaze. Somehow we walked across the cave towards each other without realizing it. I felt so many emotions, I thought you were gone and there you were. You were back and more handsome than any man I'd ever seen."